* Title gets a 'nil' appended on org-export-subtree to html
@ 2012-02-07 18:46 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-02-07 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I got some weird behavior on a file, so I recreated a smaller example
and can reproduce it. Here it is:

----------

* test
** sub 1
** sub 2
----------

If I go to the first headline, 'test', and do =C-c C-e 1 h= to export
the subtree as html, my filename/default title ends up as 'test nil.'

If I export with =C-c C-e h=, I just end up with 'test.'

If I remove =tags:t= from the options line, the 'nil' also goes away.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks,
John

* Re: Title gets a 'nil' appended on org-export-subtree to html
@ 2012-02-08 18:31 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2012-02-08 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

At Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:46:30 -0600,
John Hendy wrote:

> I got some weird behavior on a file, so I recreated a smaller example
> and can reproduce it. Here it is:
>
> ----------

> * test
> ** sub 1
> ** sub 2
> ----------
>
> If I go to the first headline, 'test', and do =C-c C-e 1 h= to export
> the subtree as html, my filename/default title ends up as 'test nil.'
>
> If I export with =C-c C-e h=, I just end up with 'test.'
>
> If I remove =tags:t= from the options line, the 'nil' also goes away.
>
> Any thoughts on why this is happening?

I can confirm the bug and it should be fixed in master.

What happend was that Org grabbed the document title from the headline
(good) and tags:t told Org to include the tags (Okay), but then Org
forgot to check if there are actually tags in the headline when
creating the document title with a `format' w/ a placeholder for the
tags.

Best,
  -- David

* Re: Title gets a 'nil' appended on org-export-subtree to html
@ 2012-02-09 19:43   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-02-09 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> At Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:46:30 -0600,
> John Hendy wrote:
>>
>> I got some weird behavior on a file, so I recreated a smaller example
>> and can reproduce it. Here it is:
>>
>> ----------

>> * test
>> ** sub 1
>> ** sub 2
>> ----------
>>
>> If I go to the first headline, 'test', and do =C-c C-e 1 h= to export
>> the subtree as html, my filename/default title ends up as 'test nil.'
>>
>> If I export with =C-c C-e h=, I just end up with 'test.'
>>
>> If I remove =tags:t= from the options line, the 'nil' also goes away.
>>
>> Any thoughts on why this is happening?
>
> I can confirm the bug and it should be fixed in master.
>
> What happend was that Org grabbed the document title from the headline
> (good) and tags:t told Org to include the tags (Okay), but then Org
> forgot to check if there are actually tags in the headline when
> creating the document title with a `format' w/ a placeholder for the
> tags.

Did a fresh pull and make and this does appear to be solved. Thanks!

John