* Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?
@ 2014-10-29 23:39 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-10-29 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just re-set up tj3 on a new work computer and am a bit puzzled by
the report directory structure.

Here's what I get when running C-e J j
~/working_dir/file.org
~/working_dir/file.tjp

If I use C-e J p instead, I get:
~/working_dir/file.org
~/working_dir/file.tjp
~/working_dir/reports/Overview.html
~/working_dir/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

Opening Overview.html doesn't pick up the css, though. I have to put
Overview.html inside of taskjuggler.

If I manuall run tj3 on the file, I get the same taskjuggler
directory, but Overview.html is generated inside of ~/working_dir
instead.

I'm a bit confused by both behaviors. The variables I've defined in .emacs are:

org-taskjuggler-target-version: 3.5
org-taskjuggler-default-reports: include "reports.tji" (custom report
I've defined)

As far as I know, these are relevant but left as the default that came with org:
org-taskjuggler-proces-command: "tj3 --silent --no-color --output-dir %o %f"
org-taskjuggler-reports-directory: "reports"

I don't think it matters... but here's my pretty simple gantt chart
reports.tji file used above:

#+begin_src reports.tji

textreport frame "" {
  header -8<-
    == Example report ==
    <[navigator id="navbar"]>
  ->8-
  footer "----"

 textreport index "Overview" {
    formats html
    center '<[report id="overview"]>'
  }

}

taskreport overview "" {
  header -8<-
    === Timeline/Deliverables ===
  ->8-
  columns bsi { title 'WBS' },
          name, start, duration, chart { width 1200 ${TaskTip} scale hour}

  # For this report we like to have the abbreviated weekday in front
  # of the date. %a is the tag for this.
  timeformat "%d %H:%M"
  period 2014-11-03-06:00 + 72h
  loadunit minutes
  hideresource 1
  sorttasks tree

}

#+end_src

Thanks for any suggestions,
John

* Re: Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?
@ 2014-10-31 13:36 ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2014-10-31 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi John

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I just re-set up tj3 on a new work computer and am a bit puzzled by
> the report directory structure.
>
> If I use C-e J p instead, I get:
> ~/working_dir/file.org
> ~/working_dir/file.tjp
> ~/working_dir/reports/Overview.html
> ~/working_dir/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

I cannot reproduce this behaviour.

> I'm a bit confused by both behaviors. The variables I've defined in .emacs are:
>
> org-taskjuggler-target-version: 3.5
> org-taskjuggler-default-reports: include "reports.tji" (custom report
> I've defined)
>
> As far as I know, these are relevant but left as the default that came with org:
> org-taskjuggler-proces-command: "tj3 --silent --no-color --output-dir %o %f"
> org-taskjuggler-reports-directory: "reports"

Your analysis is correct. The pertinent vars are mostly
org-taskjuggler-reports-directory, org-taskjuggler-proces-command and to
some extent org-taskjuggler-target-version. And as you see the exporter
just delegates to tj3 to put the reports in a specific directory by
using --output-dir. This should work.

Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Egli

* Re: Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?
@ 2014-11-01  1:10   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-11-01  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just re-set up tj3 on a new work computer and am a bit puzzled by
>> the report directory structure.
>>
>> If I use C-e J p instead, I get:
>> ~/working_dir/file.org
>> ~/working_dir/file.tjp
>> ~/working_dir/reports/Overview.html
>> ~/working_dir/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}
>
> I cannot reproduce this behaviour.

Sorry... should have done this in the first place. Here's my exact
setup with a test case:

#+begin_src tj3 version
  $ tj3 --version
  TaskJuggler v3.5.0 - A Project Management Software
#+end_src

Config used with =emacs -Q=, followed by =M-x load file ~/path/to/min-config=:

#+begin_src min-config
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
  (require 'ox-taskjuggler)
#+end_src

Simple org tj file:

#+begin_src tj-test.org

* Project :taskjuggler_project:
** task1
   :PROPERTIES:
   :task_id:  task1
   :start:    2014-11-01
   :duration: 10d
   :END:
** task2
   :PROPERTIES:
   :task_id:  task2
   :depends:  task1
   :duration: 10d
   :END:

#+end_src

When I export that (living in ~/Desktop) with =C-e J j= and then run
=tj3 ./tj-test.tjp=, I get:

~/Desktop/tj-test.org
~/Desktop/tj-test.tjp
~/Desktop/Plan.html
~/Desktop/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

Delete everything but tj-test.org, and re-export with =C-e J p=, and I get:

~/Desktop/tj-test.org
~/Desktop/tj-test.tjp
~/Desktop/reports/Plan.html
~/Desktop/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

Plan.html doesn't pick up the css or scripts as-is with either method.
Once placed inside ~/Deskopt[/reports]/taskjuggler, it works. I
attached screenshot showing the file path for both in the browser.

>> I'm a bit confused by both behaviors. The variables I've defined in .emacs are:
>>
>> org-taskjuggler-target-version: 3.5
>> org-taskjuggler-default-reports: include "reports.tji" (custom report
>> I've defined)
>>
>> As far as I know, these are relevant but left as the default that came with org:
>> org-taskjuggler-proces-command: "tj3 --silent --no-color --output-dir %o %f"
>> org-taskjuggler-reports-directory: "reports"
>
> Your analysis is correct. The pertinent vars are mostly
> org-taskjuggler-reports-directory, org-taskjuggler-proces-command and to
> some extent org-taskjuggler-target-version. And as you see the exporter
> just delegates to tj3 to put the reports in a specific directory by
> using --output-dir. This should work.

After going through all that, I'm pretty sure this is a tj3 or setup
issue. I futzed with --output-dir, but the report and the taskjuggler
directory are always the same relatively to one another (so
--output-dir "reports" yields reports/Plan.html, and
reports/taskjuggler). If you say --output-dir "reports/taskjuggler",
you'll just get another layer which happens to work since the previous
taskjuggler dir is still there.

I filed an inquiry/issue on github to see what Chris has to say:
- https://github.com/taskjuggler/TaskJuggler/issues/154

John

@ 2014-11-01  1:11     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-11-01  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:10 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> wrote:
>> Hi John
>>
>> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> Plan.html doesn't pick up the css or scripts as-is with either method.
> Once placed inside ~/Deskopt[/reports]/taskjuggler, it works. I
> attached screenshot showing the file path for both in the browser.

Yeah, let's go ahead and forget the attachments while we're at it ;)

John

[-- Attachment #2: 2014-10-31_194431.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 47652 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: 2014-10-31_194501.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 60339 bytes --]

* Re: Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?
@ 2014-11-01 21:29 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-11-01 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:39 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just re-set up tj3 on a new work computer and am a bit puzzled by
> the report directory structure.

Disregard; it's an Arch Linux package issue. Created a bug report, and
through trying the Arch package way vs. straight up gem install, found
out that the vanilla gem functions properly.
- Github issue filed (now closed):
https://github.com/taskjuggler/TaskJuggler/issues/154
- Arch linux bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/42651

So... all is fine with Org and the exporter. Sorry for the noise!

John