From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Frustrated user of orgmode
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:54:59 -0600	[thread overview]

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM, Vikas Rawal
<vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> wrote:
> I have been a user of orgmode for a fairly long time and have never
> felt frustrated like this before.
>
> I have been trying to move to the new exporter and a complete absence
> of any coherent documentation has made it impossible. I have tried
> various versions of orgmode (master/maint braches from git, and the
> elpa version), have tried to follow Nicolas's responses to my mails
> (who has been very kind but there is obviously only so much that he
> can do..)

Perhaps I can help. I've been using Org for a few years and not yet
done *anything* with the new exporter aside from a test export with it
many months (a year??) ago when it was first being introduced. When I
finally make the switch, I'll try to document my steps to see if there
are discrepancies with the "Switch over guide" referenced by others in
this thread. Perhaps it will help you to have a companion in the
changeover?

Your email made me want to make the change sooner vs. later for the
sake of others!

John