* Problem with booktabs patch
@ 2012-03-06 22:11 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-03-06 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm perplexed. The patch from Niels from a previous thread was working great:
--- http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg50809.html

For some reason, I'm having issues with it, perhaps after a recent
pull. I'm on a branch called booktabs which has the patch applied
successfully. I can tell as lisp/org-latex.el has the tstart, hline,
and tend variables listed in it. I did a make clean and make, however
when I go to customize those variables, they're not listed.

If I do =M-x load-file ~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/org-latex.el= I then have
the variables.

How can I tell why it's not using the actual file but using some other
org-latex.el instead?

My .emacs does things in this order:

;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/site-lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")

;; setup org
(require 'org-install)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
John

* Re: Problem with booktabs patch
@ 2012-03-06 23:02 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-03-06 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Update that is very odd to me.

If I start emacs and do =M-x customize-variable [RET]
org-export-latex- [TAB]=, I only have two options:
---
org-export-latex-default-packages-alist
org-export-latex-packages-alist
---

In looking through lisp/org-latex.el, I noticed that the various
options are in the group org-export-latex, so I did =M-x
customize-group [RET] org-export-latex= and scanned through the list.
To my surprise... there were all the variables provided by Niels'
booktabs patch.

I killed that buffer (having not changed anything), and did =M-x
customize-variable [RET] org-export-latex- [TAB]= and now I have a
whole ton of options. Do I need to specifically have a =(require
'org-latex)= in .emacs?

Thanks,
John