On May 9, 2014 11:21 PM, "Nick Dokos" wrote: > > John Hendy writes: > > > Hello, > > > > > > Just curious of there's a way to set the tags in a region all at once? > > (org-map-entries (function org-set-tags) nil 'region) > > or > > (org-map-entries (lambda () (org-set-tags-to '(foo))) nil 'region) > > or some variation thereof. > I did see that function, but it didn't DUI what I expected with M-x. Would u need to run it as above or could I use M-x with it somehow? A above I take it I'd put that in the buffer and then eval-region? John > > I see there's a way to do it via agenda, but I was curious if there > > was also a way to do it on a group of headlines from the buffer > > itself. In various google strategies, it looked like the answer was > > no. > > > > This is just a random file (making a camping packing/shopping list), > > so to do it via the way that seemed apparent was: > > > > C-c a > >> to restrict to the file > > s to conduct a "fake search" that would just give all the headlines in > > the buffer > > highlight region > > : to set tags > > > > It would have just been easier to C-space on a region and set them in > > groups right from the buffer. I sort of expected something like C-u > > C-c C-c to set region tags? Thinking about it, I suppose since these > > happened to be tagged with :export:, I could have done an M-x > > replace-string and appended my additional tag. > > > > > > Thanks! > > John > > > > > > -- > Nick > >