On Jan 29, 2014 7:46 PM, "Rick Frankel" wrote: > > On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:57:46AM +0000, Ahmadou Dicko wrote: > > I love slidify too and I think that having similar functionnality in org > > could be great. > > I think that you have everything to do that using the html backend, you > > just need to interface the right Javascript/HTML5 library. > > In slidify you can use io2012, deck.js, shower and landslide and I know > > that you can use deck.js through ox-deck and it will not be difficult to > > create and interface for other library too. > > For example if you need a nice non Beamer library you can also check > > ox-reveal which interface reveal.js. > > Just to follow-up and expand. It looks like slidy is an interface for > Rstudio to a number of html slide (javascript) libraries, and uses > markdown as it markup language, while providing the ability to execute > R code interspersed with the markup (literate programming/reproducable > results) > > Org is it's own markup language and allow interspersing executable > code (and its output) in a literate, reproducable way > (babel). Including, but not limited to, R. > > In addion org has export interfaces to multiple output types. For > slideshow there are (at least): > > - ox-s5 > - ox-deck > - ox-reveal > - beamer > > As well as pdf, html and others. > > So it doesn't seem to make sense to use org as a frontend to Rstudio, > but i may be wrong... > Agree on most points, and will be checking out the HTML org options as I mentioned. I did want to correct that slidify is not tied to rstudio, even though it integrates nicely with it. I was playing with it when straight from an R session within Emacs when I wrote the post. It also has some nice web publishing features to send the presentation right to git, dropbox, or rpubs from R, (though I didn't try that outside of rstudio, so there could be caveats). John > rick >