From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Problem compiling on Windows 7: Symbol's function definition is void: org-find-library-dir
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:29:59 -0500	[thread overview]

Copying your last response in from the other thread:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> John Hendy writes:
>> From what I understand of the above, it still isn't working. I tried this:
>> #+begin_src cmd
>> emacs -batch -Q -L C:\path\to\org.git lisp -l ../mk/org-fixup.el -f
>> org-make-autoloads-compile
>> #+end_src
>
> This is wrong. Try
>
> emacs -batch -Q -L lisp -l ../mk/org-fixup.el -f org-make-autoloads-compile

I don't understand. This is the default Worg command. I posted that
this was failing, and you wrote:

>>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
>>> You can try and replace the "-L" option with "--directory".

I asked for clarification and you suggested using:
>>> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
>>> What I meant was that if you add something to load-path via this option,
>>> make sure it actually turns up _first_ in the load-path.  Like
>>>
>>> emacs -L blafasel

This is what I did above when I posted:
#+begin_src cmd
emacs -batch -Q -L C:\path\to\org.git lisp -l ../mk/org-fixup.el -f
org-make-autoloads-compile
#+end_src

I tried to add a direct path via -L.

> You must do a
>
> cd C:\path\to\org.git

I think my issue with this is twofold:
- the ".." in the command `emacs [snip] ../mk/org-fixup.el` seemed to
imply that I needed to be in the mk directory

- There's also this:
#+begin_quote Worg (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html)
When you execute the commands below, your current directory must be
where org has been unpacked into,
in other words the file default.mk should be found in your current directory.
#+end_src

If default.mk is in my current directory, I'm in mk, not org.git.

If I run the command from org.git, things *do* appear to work. Perhaps
this has all been a result of not understanding Worg or Worg being
incorrect:

**Does one need to be in the top level org git dir or in the dir in
which default.mk resides (these are not the same)?**

Thanks for the persistence,
John