From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: "Jason F. McBrayer" <jmcbray@carcosa.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: MobileOrg setup
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:27:47 -0500	[thread overview]

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Jason F. McBrayer <jmcbray@carcosa.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 22:16:50 -0500, John Hendy wrote:
>
>> Well, I've made progress. I just turned off the webdav user/password
>> stuff and it worked fine. I'm not really worried about that, as it's
>> within the corporate firewall, but it still puzzles me that a
>> browser on the tablet could access the path with a user and password
>> prompt but MobileOrg couldn't, despite being setup with the same
>> information.
>

> Have you tried turning the webdav authentication back on and
> connecting to the dav share with cadaver, the command-line webdav
> client? That's what I used to test my MobileOrg staging setup (though
> now I use the ssh backend rather than webdav).

When it was enabled, I tested it with cadaver. That was the only way I
knew I'd set up WebDAV correctly since I have no experience with it :)
The Arch Wiki had a section on testing and so I persisted until
successful. So, yes, confusing -- cadaver worked, the browser on the
host worked after inputting username/password into a popup, and the
same for the browser on the tablet. Only org-mobile said it couldn't
access the checksum.dat file.

Thanks for the suggestion,
John