On Oct 19, 2014 11:08 PM, "William Denton" wrote: > > I just noticed there's no mention of the ":results graphics" header argument in the Org manual. I said the same in 2012: - http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57643 > This worg documentation about source code blocks and R does mention it: > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html > This was the reply then, too. Basically, the org header arguments manual page mentions that language-specific arguments are on the appropriate page in worg babel. If you click that link, then the link to the lust of supported languages, that gets you to a table and to ob-doc-R. Maybe not ideal, but I think the intent is not to clutter the manual with every specific arg possible. Sorry it was confusing. > "If the value is :results graphics then 'base' graphics output is captured on disk, and a link to the graphics file is inserted into the Org Mode buffer (as is also the case with the graphics-only languages such as gnuplot, ditaa, dot, and asymptote.)" > > (It goes on to say ":results output graphics" is necessary with ggplot2 images, but that's no longer true.) > > I'm afraid I don't know enough about this header argument or its use elsewhere to offer a documentation patch, so I'm just pointing it out. > For changes, there's good info on worg about editing and pushing to worg, which is on git. The manual requires patching, but that's documented as well. - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html Hope that helps, John > Working with R code blocks in Org is great. > > Bill > -- > William Denton ↔ Toronto, Canada ↔ https://www.miskatonic.org/