* Nice example of reproducible research in Org -- add to Worg?
@ 2012-07-19 16:48 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-07-19 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was looking for Org + ggobi examples and the top google hit was this page:
- http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/SpikeOMatic/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/ReproducibleDataAnalysis.html

I initially thought I was looking at Worg due to the theme, but it's
not! It has quite a nice paper providing a reproducible research
walkthrough:
- http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/physcerv/C_Pouzat/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/PurkinjeCellsDataSet/pk.pdf

Anyway, thought I'd send it to the list as I'm not sure it's been seen
before. Does anyone know the author, Christophe Pouzat? Perhaps he'd
be willing to link to his page or add his page to Worg in a fitting
place as it seems like quite a nice addition.

John

* Re: Nice example of reproducible research in Org -- add to Worg?
@ 2012-07-19 18:32 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-07-19 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I was looking for Org + ggobi examples and the top google hit was this page:
> -
> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/SpikeOMatic/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/ReproducibleDataAnalysis.html
>
> I initially thought I was looking at Worg due to the theme, but it's
> not! It has quite a nice paper providing a reproducible research
> walkthrough:
> -
> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/physcerv/C_Pouzat/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/PurkinjeCellsDataSet/pk.pdf
>
> Anyway, thought I'd send it to the list as I'm not sure it's been seen
> before. Does anyone know the author, Christophe Pouzat? Perhaps he'd
> be willing to link to his page or add his page to Worg in a fitting
> place as it seems like quite a nice addition.
>

> John

Hi John,

See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-papers.html.

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Nice example of reproducible research in Org -- add to Worg?
@ 2012-07-19 19:49   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-07-19 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I was looking for Org + ggobi examples and the top google hit was this page:
>> -
>> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/SpikeOMatic/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/ReproducibleDataAnalysis.html
>>
>> I initially thought I was looking at Worg due to the theme, but it's
>> not! It has quite a nice paper providing a reproducible research
>> walkthrough:
>> -
>> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/physcerv/C_Pouzat/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/PurkinjeCellsDataSet/pk.pdf
>>
>> Anyway, thought I'd send it to the list as I'm not sure it's been seen
>> before. Does anyone know the author, Christophe Pouzat? Perhaps he'd
>> be willing to link to his page or add his page to Worg in a fitting
>> place as it seems like quite a nice addition.
>>

>> John
>>

> Hi John,
>
> See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-papers.html.

I95% of the time, any ideas I have are already covered. Always a great
thing to discover, at the expense of taxing the mailing list a bit.
Thanks for the link -- I wasn't aware of that page and am glad it
exists!

John

@ 2012-07-19 23:49     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-07-19 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
>> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I was looking for Org + ggobi examples and the top google hit was this page:
>>> -
>>> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/SpikeOMatic/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/ReproducibleDataAnalysis.html
>>>
>>> I initially thought I was looking at Worg due to the theme, but it's
>>> not! It has quite a nice paper providing a reproducible research
>>> walkthrough:
>>> -
>>> http://www.biomedicale.univ-paris5.fr/physcerv/C_Pouzat/ReproducibleDataAnalysis/PurkinjeCellsDataSet/pk.pdf
>>>
>>> Anyway, thought I'd send it to the list as I'm not sure it's been seen
>>> before. Does anyone know the author, Christophe Pouzat? Perhaps he'd
>>> be willing to link to his page or add his page to Worg in a fitting
>>> place as it seems like quite a nice addition.
>>>

>>> John
>>>

>> Hi John,
>>
>> See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-papers.html.
>
> I95% of the time, any ideas I have are already covered. Always a great
> thing to discover, at the expense of taxing the mailing list a bit.
> Thanks for the link -- I wasn't aware of that page and am glad it
> exists!

No problem, John.  IMO it is a good paper and just the kind of thing that
Org-mode users pursuing reproducible research might want to learn about
from Worg.

All the best,
Tom
--