From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Gabor Retvari <retvari@tmit.bme.hu>
Cc: Josiah Schwab <jschwab@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Beamer export: can't get frame level right
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:19:37 -0500	[thread overview]

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM, Gabor Retvari <retvari@tmit.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 16 July 2014 09:54:13 John Hendy wrote:
>> Can you see if this works properly?
>> - http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/ox-beamer.html
>>
>> Aka, simply having this in .emacs:
>>
>> (require 'ox-latex)
>> (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
>>              '("beamer"
>>                "\\documentclass\[presentation\]\{beamer\}"
>>                ("\\section\{%s\}" . "\\section*\{%s\}")
>>                ("\\subsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsection*\{%s\}")
>>                ("\\subsubsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsubsection*\{%s\}")))
>
> No, this does not seem to be enough for the beamer-specific export options to
> show up with org-export-dispatch. This, however, is OK (by Josiah's
> suggestion):
>
> (require 'ox-beamer)

Oops. Yes, you're completely correct and I missed that. Right before
the beamer definition I pasted above above, Worg says:

"You can use the following minimal setup to start exporting to the
beamer documentclass. As of the latest Org mode version (8.0.3), this
setup is not necessary anymore. If you want to customise this
variable, you should **do it before loading ox-beamer.**"

So, Worg mentions loading ox-beamer (not sure why it's not right after
the definition to make it clear...), but I was also wrong again. If
your version is recent enough, you also don't need that definition,
just to require ox-beamer (which is, indeed, in my setup).

Sorry about that!
John