On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > John Hendy writes: > > > #+begin_src orgmode > > * Header > > > > Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of $100. > > > > Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of \$100. > > > > Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of 100.[fn:1] > > > > * Footnotes > > > > [fn:1] Successful; the first two give the error 'Cannot insert a footnote > > here' > > #+end_src > > Yes, that's what I thought: `org-inside-LaTeX-fragment-p' is the key. > > ,---- > |(org-inside-LaTeX-fragment-p) > | > | Test if point is inside a LaTeX fragment. > | I.e. after a \begin, \(, M-x , $, or $$, without the corresponding > closing > | sequence appearing also before point. > | Even though the matchers for math are configurable, this function assumes > | that \begin, \(, \[, and $$ are always used. Only the single dollar > | delimiters are skipped when they have been removed by customization. > | The return value is nil, or a cons cell with the delimiter and the > | position of this delimiter. > | > | This function does a reasonably good job, but can locally be fooled by > | for example currency specifications. For example it will assume being in > | inline math after "$22.34". The LaTeX fragment formatter will only > format > | fragments that are properly closed, but during editing, we have to live > | with the uncertainty caused by missing closing delimiters. This function > | looks only before point, not after. > `---- > > On purpose, Org won't insert a footnote inside a LaTeX fragment. But, > in your example, it is fooled by the currency. > > One workaround would be to remove "$" as a math delimiter from > `org-format-latex-options'. > How about another idea... would it be possible to remove "\$" as a math delimiter? I *do* use $math$ a bit, at least in this document, and have =TeX:t and LaTeX:t= in my options... thus, I'm very careful about prefixing "\" to any instances of $ and %. Removing \$ as a math delimiter or making "\" register as the "universal escape character" would also do the trick. If I removed $ as you suggest, could I use \begin{math}/\end{math} inline? I have quite a bit of inline math. Thanks! John > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >