On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > John Hendy wrote: > > > That's all that's needed to produce separate title and TOC pages and > > keep the rest of the article class intact. If you don't like the > > titlepage format, you can modify it to your heart's content: you will > > need to figure out the LaTeX part to do that, but that's not as > > difficult as you might think it is at first sight - and I guarantee > that > > you will have an easier time this way than fighting the org latex > > exporter, a fight that you will probably lose :-) IMO, of course. > > > > I just did this and took a different method. I simply added: > > > > --- > > #+text: \input{./title.tex} > > --- > > > > to the beginning of my document. Then I created a separate .tex file > > with the title. If something is recurring, maybe it's worth the > > separate article class file. If not, I think it *might* be simpler to > > just define a custom title page and do as above. I think I just > > followed > > this: > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Title_Creation#Custom_Title_Pages > > > > Up to you! I can't guarantee this is right; I'm on a work computer and > did this on my home one. > > > > ... but you have to do something (or perhaps *not* do something) in order > to convince > the org latex exporter not to produce a title page, right? Is it something > simple > like omitting #+TITLE and #+AUTHOR? > > Good point. Yes. Now that I'm back at home I looked at the document and the header stuff in the document in which I used this technique is: ---- #+OPTIONS: toc:nil TeX:t LaTeX:t H:4 f:t todo:nil num:nil tags:nil #+BIND: org-export-latex-title-command "" #+text: \input{./title-page.tex} * first headline ---- Neat tip about just doing "#+title: "; hadn't realized a blank would do the same as the bind entry! John > Nick >