From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Creating Gantt charts by Exporting to TaskJuggler 3.3.0
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:51:34 -0500	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> wrote:
> Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:
>
>> I still feel the lack of the support for all tj properties a
>> major drawback.
>>
>> @Christian: Did you work on something like the prefix proposal below?
>> This would be real cool as we could then just use any property we would
>> like.
>
> As far as I know Yann's patches improved this situation, but as far as I
> know most of the tj properties are supported anyway. Can you specify
> which properties are missing? It should be easy to add them in many
> cases.

I meant to follow up on this general idea per your comment in another
thread. I would have responded over there, but this is fresher and
seems like a better fit for a response. Nevertheless, I'll link to it
for a bread crumb trail.
- http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg68957.html

This was the bit I specifically wanted to comment on:

#+begin_quote Buddy Butterfly
 Also, you will likely only implement subsets of tj
 properties.

 For example, there are properties missing like

   :workinghours:
#+end_quote

Have you looked at ox-taskjuggler.el? Here are the properties
available (check in org-taskjuggler-valid-resource-attributes):

#+begin_src ox-taskjuggler.el

(defcustom org-taskjuggler-valid-task-attributes
  '(account start note duration endbuffer endcredit end
   flags journalentry length limits maxend maxstart minend
   minstart period reference responsible scheduling
   startbuffer startcredit statusnote chargeset charge)
  "Valid attributes for Taskjuggler tasks.
If one of these appears as a property for a headline, it will be
exported with the corresponding task."
  :group 'org-export-taskjuggler)

(defcustom org-taskjuggler-valid-resource-attributes
  '(limits vacation shift booking efficiency journalentry rate
  workinghours flags)
  "Valid attributes for Taskjuggler resources.
If one of these appears as a property for a headline, it will be
exported with the corresponding resource."
  :group 'org-export-taskjuggler)

(defcustom org-taskjuggler-valid-report-attributes
  '(headline columns definitions timeformat hideresource hidetask
    loadunit sorttasks formats period)
  "Valid attributes for Taskjuggler reports.
If one of these appears as a property for a headline, it will be
exported with the corresponding report."
  :group 'org-export-taskjuggler)

#+end_src

Also note that this is customizable. Anything matching those criteria
just gets passed through (:drawer: value -> task_id "name" { drawer
value }).

Best regards,
John