* org-store-link and org-link-to-org-use-id issue
@ 2012-10-12 20:34 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-10-12 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have the following in .emacs:

(setq org-link-to-org-use-id "create-if-interactive")

When I navigate to a headline and do =C-c l=, a unique ID is not
created for that headline. Am I misunderstanding the
'create-if-interactive' setting for this variable? It reads as though
if I call =org-store-link= manually, a unique ID will be created. I've
tried both =C-c l= and =M-x org-store-link=. Neither produces the ID.

As a side note, is there completion for links? This would be even
better for me than using =C-c l=. I'd like to just do =C-c l file: RET
~/org/filename.org/ TAB for headline names... etc.=

Something similar to interactive refiling would be fantastic for
links. Does this exist?

Thanks,
John

* Re: org-store-link and org-link-to-org-use-id issue
@ 2012-10-12 21:21 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-10-12 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Disregard... missed the bit about having org-id in loaded  modules for
all of this to work. Everything's now fine.

Sorry for the noise,
John

@ 2012-12-14 20:06 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-12-14 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is a continuation from here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/61552

I thought this was fixed, but something's not functioning correctly. My
main .emacs calls an org file with babel blocks housing my various
configurations. Below are relevant sections:

#+begin_src .emacs
;; set load paths
;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/site-lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/site-lisp/ess/lisp/")

;; setup babel languages
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((latex . t)
   (emacs-lisp . t)
   (org . t)
   (R . t)
   (sh . t)
   (python .t )))

;; load org-based config
(org-babel-load-file "~/org/aux/emacs-config.org")
#+end_src

#+begin_src ~/org/aux/emacs-config.org
Load orgmode modules:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(require 'org-id)

;; use unique ids for links
(setq org-link-to-org-use-id "create-if-interactive")
#+end_src

Any reason this shouldn't create a unique ID when I do =C-c l= on a
headline? I thought it was working as you can see from the followup to the
thread above. Now, with the same settings, it's not working again.

Thanks for any suggestions,

@ 2012-12-15  8:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-15  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> (setq org-link-to-org-use-id "create-if-interactive")

This should be

  (setq org-link-to-org-use-id 'create-if-interactive)

If you copied this from a page, please let the author know!

 Bastien

* Re: org-store-link and org-link-to-org-use-id issue
@ 2012-12-20 17:21   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-12-20 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode