* Html-Exporter Hanling images / links
@ 2013-03-26 15:36 Robert Eckl
From: Robert Eckl @ 2013-03-26 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
issues handling images and links:

A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
<i>desription</i> without any link.

In the past i uses something like this:

#+ATTR_HTML: alt="alt" title="title" align="right" width="100"
[[http://www.mypage.de][http://www.mypage/path/image.jpg]]
Some Text
more text more text

Now the ATTR_HTML line seems to be ignored, so the image is not at the
right of the text but centered in an extra row.

TIA,
Robert

* Re: Html-Exporter Hanling images / links
@ 2013-03-26 16:07 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-03-26 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Eckl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Robert Eckl <eckl.r@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
> issues handling images and links:
>
> A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
> <i>desription</i> without any link.

I can't reproduce this. Here was my test file (copied and pasted from
your email and then adjusted):

#+begin_src org

* Test

A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in...

#+end_src org

I get this output:

#+begin_src html

A Link <a href="http://www.mypage.de">description</a> results in&#x2026;

#+end_html

> In the past i uses something like this:
>
> #+ATTR_HTML: alt="alt" title="title" align="right" width="100"
> [[http://www.mypage.de][http://www.mypage/path/image.jpg]]
> Some Text
> more text more text
>
> Now the ATTR_HTML line seems to be ignored, so the image is not at the
> right of the text but centered in an extra row.

Now, for the image, did you check out the upgrade guide? A lot of the
syntax has changed:
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8

While it doesn't say it explicitly, this also applies to #+attr_html. Try this:

#+begin_src org

#+ATTR_HTML: :width 100px :alt alt :options title="Title" align="right"
[[http://www.mypage.de][http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Tux.jpg]]
Some Text
more text more text

#+end_src

@ 2013-03-26 16:13 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-03-26 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Robert,

Robert Eckl wrote:
> with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
> issues handling images and links:
>
> A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
> <i>desription</i> without any link.

FWIW, I confirm this bug.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Html-Exporter Hanling images / links
@ 2013-03-26 16:33   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-03-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Sebastien Vauban
<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Eckl wrote:
>> with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
>> issues handling images and links:
>>
>> A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
>> <i>desription</i> without any link.
>
> FWIW, I confirm this bug.

As stated, works for me, but wanted to add org-version I was on:
release_8.0-pre-181-ge7cfb4

Just pulled to release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e, did =make clean && make=,
opened new Emacs session and it still works:

A Link <a href="http://www.mypage.de">description</a> results in

John

@ 2013-03-26 16:36   ` Robert Eckl
From: Robert Eckl @ 2013-03-26 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Robert Eckl <eckl.r@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
>> issues handling images and links:
>>
>> A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
>> <i>desription</i> without any link.
>
> I can't reproduce this. Here was my test file (copied and pasted from
> your email and then adjusted):

Sorry for the noise, there was a typo in my file http.//... instead of
http://...

>> In the past i uses something like this:
>>
>> #+ATTR_HTML: alt="alt" title="title" align="right" width="100"
>> [[http://www.mypage.de][http://www.mypage/path/image.jpg]]
>> Some Text
>> more text more text
>>
>> Now the ATTR_HTML line seems to be ignored, so the image is not at the
>> right of the text but centered in an extra row.
>
> Now, for the image, did you check out the upgrade guide? A lot of the
> syntax has changed:
> - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8

I'm using the new exporter nearly since it was merged in master branch
and seems i missed what exactly means "Atrribute lines now take plists".
Since last week my code worked as expected.

> While it doesn't say it explicitly, this also applies to #+attr_html.
> Try this:
>
> #+begin_src org
>
> #+ATTR_HTML: :width 100px :alt alt :options title="Title" align="right"
> [[http://www.mypage.de][http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Tux.jpg]]
> Some Text
> more text more text
>
> #+end_src

This does the trick,

Thank you very much for the quick and capable help.

Best regards,

@ 2013-03-26 16:44     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-03-26 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Eckl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Robert Eckl <eckl.r@gmx.de> wrote:
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Robert Eckl <eckl.r@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> with Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-193-gaa7b1e i got some
>>> issues handling images and links:
>>>
>>> A Link [[http://www.mypage.de][description]] results in
>>> <i>desription</i> without any link.
>>
>> I can't reproduce this. Here was my test file (copied and pasted from
>> your email and then adjusted):
>>
> Sorry for the noise, there was a typo in my file http.//... instead of
> http://...
>>

>>> In the past i uses something like this:
>>>
>>> #+ATTR_HTML: alt="alt" title="title" align="right" width="100"
>>> [[http://www.mypage.de][http://www.mypage/path/image.jpg]]
>>> Some Text
>>> more text more text
>>>
>>> Now the ATTR_HTML line seems to be ignored, so the image is not at the
>>> right of the text but centered in an extra row.
>>
>> Now, for the image, did you check out the upgrade guide? A lot of the
>> syntax has changed:
>> - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8
>>
> I'm using the new exporter nearly since it was merged in master branch
> and seems i missed what exactly means "Atrribute lines now take plists".
> Since last week my code worked as expected.
>
>> While it doesn't say it explicitly, this also applies to #+attr_html.
>> Try this:
>>
>> #+begin_src org
>>
>> #+ATTR_HTML: :width 100px :alt alt :options title="Title" align="right"
>> [[http://www.mypage.de][http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Tux.jpg]]
>> Some Text
>> more text more text
>>
>> #+end_src
>>
> This does the trick,
>
> Thank you very much for the quick and capable help.

No problem. Just know there are some dedicated options (like :alt) and
others that need (:options var="value"). I just tried them one by one,
as I'm still not up to speed on which ones are which. I also found out
that if you have multiple ones required for the :options bucket, you
just use one :options bit and add them subsequently like above.
Initially I did:

:options title="Title" :options align="right" and that didn't work.
Trial and error :)

John