On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > John Hendy writes: > > >> One workaround would be to remove "$" as a math delimiter from > >> `org-format-latex-options'. > > > How about another idea... would it be possible to remove "\$" as a math > > delimiter? I *do* use $math$ a bit, at least in this document, and have > > =TeX:t and LaTeX:t= in my options... thus, I'm very careful about > prefixing > > "\" to any instances of $ and %. Removing \$ as a math delimiter or > making > > "\" register as the "universal escape character" would also do the trick. > > > > If I removed $ as you suggest, could I use \begin{math}/\end{math} > inline? > > I have quite a bit of inline math. > > You can already use \(inline math\). I don't think there is > a need for extra syntax. > > Ah. Neat. I was unaware of this. That should do it. I'd still kind of prefer not to have to tweak around with stuff. Given that special combinations of "\" + "char" are LaTeX specific, it would seem that a natural combination would be to activate such combinations when LaTeX:t is used in #+options. Your solution will work for me for now. Thanks for the assistance! John > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >