Very interesting... thank you, Rasmus! Indeed Consolas, the font I was using, doesn't have the check mark unicode character (U+2713). Switching to DejaVu Sans Mono solved the problem. Giacomo On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Rasmus wrote: > Giacomo M writes: > > > Dear all, > > nothing of crucial importance for the sake of humanity, but when I > realign > > (C-c C-c) the following table: > > > > | entry1 | \check | > > | entry2 | X | > > > > with pretty-entities toggled (C-c C-x \), columns are not perfectly > aligned. > > Probably you are using different fonts for check and the rest. > > Use M-x describe-char and look at the line starting with > > The component character(s) are displayed by these fonts > > Hope it helps, > Rasmus > > -- > Hooray! > > >