I haven't been able to figure this out from the org-mode documents yet. What I would like to do is have a source code block in python or perl or something similar. to which I can pass a reference to several lines of text that the source code block, when evaluated, would then act on. Which would involve iterating through the data text one line at a time and writing the output to a buffer. The text data could be indicated by a specific headline or a named block of some sort or maybe an internal link, I'm not particularly fussy just so there's a mechanism to do this. Would appreciate any guidance. -- ==================================== Michael Baum