* Org-Mode as DSL
@ 2020-10-29 21:12 Mauro Mandracchia
From: Mauro Mandracchia @ 2020-10-29 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everybody 👋
This is my first message to the community, let me first state, I love
*org-mode.*Thanks to the authors and the contributors!
I use *org-mode* everyday, but I don't want to bore you with my stories
about how *org-mode* facilitates my life, just ask if you are interested.

I believe that *org-mode* is the most powerful toolset that can leverage
documentation and code.
I also love literate programming and I've found nothing like org-mode for
it.

I think that org-mode adoption is mainly found in academic and personal
context and rarely in commercial organizations.
Too often I see myself being forced to use Markdown for project
documentation and miss all the features that org-mode could have offered to
the entire project and not just the documentation.

The main reason why I can't use org-mode at work is that my
colleagues don't all use
*emacs.*
What I miss is an DSL for Org-Mode, like HTML does, and that other editors
or IDE would implement his functions, a bit like the browsers do.

If org-mode could be embeddable in different runtimes I could imagine HTTP
services implemented for *org-mode*, and I think of tools like Jupyter
<https://jupyter.org/> or Observable <https://observablehq.com/> could be
built on the org-mode standards.
I have many other implementation details and use cases that I would like to
share, but can be a bit too much for introducing the topic.

Is it a crazy idea if Org-Mode could become a DSL rather than a mode for
emacs?

Best Regards,
Mauro.