Hi Nicolas, I've attached a patch with a first pass implementation that I think resolves most of the issues. It probably needs a few tests to go along with it, but I think it is the simplest way forward. I tried to make the changes without disrupting the org-babel info structure, but it comes with the cost of having to pull out :coderef-prefix in a number of separate contexts. Best, Tom > If possible, I'd like not to conflate current issue with switches > deprecation, which needs to be discussed separately. We can decouple them, so not an issue. The attached patch implements the header arg equivalents of -r and -l without making any changes to the existing switch behavior. > What do you mean by "it is impossible for the user to specify their own > coderef regexp that can be used in both cases"? In particular, what is > a coderef regexp in this context? I know about coderef format, but > I don't think users are supposed to provide a regexp here. I did a first pass implementation and realized that allowing users to specify coderef-regexp is a bad idea. The attached patch fixes the divergent behavior of org-bable-tangle-single-block and provides a standard way to specify a :coderef-prefix regexp so that empty comments can be stripped.