Hi Bastien, Thank you for your response. This still happens for me on the version built from the org-mode.git repository. Here is a test .org file (also attached): ---- * TODO [0/4] Project 1 ** Category 1 *** TODO Task 1 *** TODO Task 2 ** Category 2 *** TODO Task 3 *** TODO Task 4 * TODO [0/4] Project 2 ** Category 3 *** TODO Task 5 *** TODO Task 6 ** Category 4 *** TODO Task 7 *** TODO Task 8 ---- Here are the steps I followed (using emacs -q) to reproduce the issue: 1. emacs -q test.org 2. M-x, customize variable 3. org-hierarchical-todo-statistics 4. Toggle --> off, 5. State --> 0, "Set for current session" 6. back to test.org 7. M-x, org-agenda 8. < (restricted to buffer) 9. t "List of all TODO entries" 10. place cursor box on "Project 1" line 11. ^ ("org-agenda-filter-by-top-headline") ("Project 2" and descendants disappear) 12. cursor box over "Task 1" 13. t (mark "Task 1" DONE) This makes "Task 1" disappear from the agenda on my machine. The same happens when I mark "Task 2" as done. Pressing "g" makes "Project 1" and all remaining descendant tasks disappear. Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Will On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 7:03 AM Bastien wrote: > Hi William, > > William Horne writes: > > > Unfortunately, it appears that doing both at once triggers the > > following behavior: with Org Hierarchical Todo Statistics set to > > nil, marking an item DONE in the agenda while it is filtered by top > > headline makes it disappear from the agenda, leave a blank line in > > its place, and become irretrievable through undo. > > thanks for the detailed report. I tried to reproduce the issue with > an .org file I wrote, but I could not reproduce the problem. > > Do you still have this issue with latest Org? > > If so, can you provide a minimal .org file to let us reproduce the > problem with emacs -q? > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >