* Table with images export to LaTeX
@ 2015-06-23  7:24 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2015-06-23  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I tried to export a table with four images to LaTeX, but got a big mess as
a result. In contrast, the result in HTML export is fine. Has anyone had
better experience and can recommend some remedy?

Here is an example of an input org file:

     | Image type | Low contrast    | High contrast   |
     |------------+-----------------+-----------------|
     | Gray       | file:lc.jpg     | file:hc.jpg     |
     |------------+-----------------+-----------------|
     | Binary     | file:lc-bin.jpg | file:hc-bin.jpg |
     |------------+-----------------+-----------------|

All the images are 200x200 pixels.

Regards,
Dov

* Re: Table with images export to LaTeX
@ 2015-06-23 11:24 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-06-23 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 10:24, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I tried to export a table with four images to LaTeX, but got a big mess as
> a result. In contrast, the result in HTML export is fine. Has anyone had
> better experience and can recommend some remedy?

Works for me with recent org.  What version of org are you using?  What
is a /big mess/ more precisely?  It could be useful to post the bit of
LaTeX generated for the table.

How big are the images? Maybe set org-latex-image-default-width, for
instance?  I often have something like this in documents where I am
going to change the default image size for LaTeX export frequently:

#+begin_src org
  # -*- org-export-allow-bind-keywords: t; -*-
  ,#+bind: org-latex-image-default-width "2cm"
#+end_src

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1231-ga0a883

* Re: Table with images export to LaTeX
@ 2015-06-23 14:30   ` Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2015-06-23 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld, emacs-orgmode

Some further probing showed that it worked by me as well! But with one
LaTex related restriction that I missed. The included filename must *not*
include more than one period! In my original file I had part of the
experiment conditions encoded in the name, e..g. lc-p0.5.jpg . This works
fine in HTML but fails in LaTeX.

Running pdflatex on the tex file yields:

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .5.jpg .

The problem has nothing to do with the org exporting, and is a LaTeX
limitation that I can live with. Case closed. :-)

​Regards,
Dov​

@ 2015-06-23 14:41     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-06-23 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> writes:

> Running pdflatex on the tex file yields:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .5.jpg .
>
> The problem has nothing to do with the org exporting, and is a LaTeX
> limitation that I can live with. Case closed. :-)

This should not happen in a recent version of org 8.3 as grffile was added
to org-default-packages-alist.

Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!