Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of that package. I see that I have a conflict in syntax as I used double colon for indicating the git repo while org-git-link.el used double colon for search pattern. Thus to join the packages I need to change the syntax. Which of the following would make more sense: git:@repo:file-in-repo::pattern-in-file git://repo/file-in-repo::pattern-in-file or perhaps some other syntax? Suggestions? Regards, Dov On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 15:01, Bastien wrote: > Hi Dov, > > Dov Grobgeld writes: > > > I thought I would share the following hack that I did with git. > > > > In my org-mode notebook I often find myself references files that > > reside in various private git repos. So far I have referenced these > > either by just writing their name or giving a full path. But giving > > the full path is disruptive and if the repo moves it will no longer > > work. So I added a hack to make the following hyperlink work > > git:myrepo::myfile . When opening it the following happens: > > > > - myrepo is looked up in the emacs hash my-git-repos and mapped to > > the path of a git repo root. > > - git-find-file-in-repo searches for the the file myfile in the the > > repo repo > > > > Here's the code for org-git-hyperlink.el: > > Nice. > > Can you try to merge these features with contrib/lisp/org-git-link.el > from the current repo? > > Thanks! > > -- > Bastien >