On 3/3/11 9:57 AM, "Eric S Fraga" wrote: > writes: > >>... I've got tables whose cells contain the '|' >> character (it's a table of regular expressions), and I can't seem to >> figure out how to escape it so that it doesn't mean a delimiter >> between cells. Anyone have advice or a pointer to the docs I can't >> seem to find? > >I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the resulting >document. You could always insert a character that looks like the '|' >character, such as the unicode "LIGHT VERTICAL BAR" (0x2758) character, >'❘', and I'm sure there are others that could be used... org should >ignore this character as a table delimiter. Thanks Eric. That's not a great solution in this case, because in order to work in a regex it needs to be the character '|', 0x7C. Is there some way to put in characters by ASCII code maybe? -- Ken Williams Senior Research Scientist Thomson Reuters http://labs.thomsonreuters.com