* A presentation tool for org-mode
@ 2011-12-12 17:42 Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-12 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Hi.

I'm writing a presentation tool for Org-mode named `org-tree-slide'.
This elisp will help you when a live editable presentation is required.
And it is also possible to access TODO items sequentially with narrowing.

Since org-tree-slide treats a tree as a single slide by org-narrow-to-subtree,
it is different from an exporter to HTML and other presentation tools customized
for good visualization. To move between slides, just type <left> and <right>.

Please find org-tree-slide and review it.

You can download from the following direct link:
https://raw.github.com/takaxp/org-tree-slide/master/org-tree-slide.el

org-tree-slide is a minor mode for Org-mode.
I recommend that these key bindings are set into your .emacs.

(global-set-key (kbd "<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-mode)
(global-set-key (kbd "S-<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-skip-done-toggle)

Preset profiles are defined in org-tree-slide.
1. `org-tree-slide-simple-profile'            ; Simple use
2. `org-tree-slide-presentation-profile'      ; Presentation use
3. `org-tree-slide-narrowing-control-profile' ; TODO Pursuit with narrowing
These functions set user variables for each using scenario.
You can find more detail in the file.

I hope this will help you and I'm waiting for your comments.

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa
@takaxp

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: A presentation tool for org-mode
@ 2011-12-16 16:23 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-12-16 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takaaki ISHIKAWA; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Takaaki,

This looks like a fun presentation option.

I just tried out org tree slide and while it appeared to launch
successfully, highlighted the title of my first subtree, and presented
me with a nice /slide/ effect, I was unable to move on from the first
headline in my Org-mode file.  I was using this file [1].  It is
possible that this is not the file structure expected by org-tree-slide?

I wonder if you are familiar with epresent [2].  It is very similar to
org-tree-slide as they are both minimal presentation frameworks build to
run off of Org-mode documents from within Emacs.

If you find time it would be great to add mention of org-tree-slide on
the relevant worg page [3], so that future Orgers looking for
presentation options won't miss this tool.

Thanks for sharing,

Takaaki ISHIKAWA <takaxp@ieee.org> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> Hi.
>
> I'm writing a presentation tool for Org-mode named `org-tree-slide'.
> This elisp will help you when a live editable presentation is required.
> And it is also possible to access TODO items sequentially with narrowing.
>
> Since org-tree-slide treats a tree as a single slide by org-narrow-to-subtree,
> it is different from an exporter to HTML and other presentation tools customized
> for good visualization. To move between slides, just type <left> and <right>.
>
> Please find org-tree-slide and review it.
>
> You can download from the following direct link:
> https://raw.github.com/takaxp/org-tree-slide/master/org-tree-slide.el
>
> org-tree-slide is a minor mode for Org-mode.
> I recommend that these key bindings are set into your .emacs.
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-mode)
> (global-set-key (kbd "S-<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-skip-done-toggle)
>
> Preset profiles are defined in org-tree-slide.
> 1. `org-tree-slide-simple-profile'            ; Simple use
> 2. `org-tree-slide-presentation-profile'      ; Presentation use
> 3. `org-tree-slide-narrowing-control-profile' ; TODO Pursuit with narrowing
> These functions set user variables for each using scenario.
> You can find more detail in the file.
>
> I hope this will help you and I'm waiting for your comments.
>
> Best regards,
> Takaaki Ishikawa
> @takaxp

Footnotes: