From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Orgstruct-mode with custom outline-regexp (was: can the symbol for leading stars be changed?)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:48:50 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Tassilo,

you are right, it does not work with orgstruct-mode, because that sets
local variables like in Org-mode for the duration of the command.

I think the best solution in this case, where you want to do mainly
visibility cycling in an arbitrary mode is using outline-minor-mode and
bind org-cycle to some convenient command.

There is a FAQ which describes a setup for this,

"Can I get the visibility-cycling features in outline-mode and outline-
minor-mode?"

- Carsten