On Oct 28, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > "Thomas S. Dye" writes: > > [...] > >> Eric, >> >> I think Torsten has a clearer idea than I do about what kinds of >> programming structures might be appropriate here, but your suggestion >> looks to me like an elegant replacement for the file based technique >> I'm using to pass information into 'begin_src latex' blocks now. >> Expanding the noweb syntax in the way you propose looks extremely >> useful. I think it introduces an exciting range of possibilities >> into >> the workflow I'm developing with org-babel. So, yes, your proposal >> sounds appropriate to me. >> >> Tom > > This has now been implemented. To try it out grab the most recent > version of Org-mode. Changes include > - the ability to insert the *results* of source-code blocks through > the > use of noweb references in which the source-name is followed by ()s, > and > - the addition of the org-babel-latex.el file which should make it > easier to add latex to the languages known to org-babel > > To try this out please run org-babel-tangle on the attached org-mode > file. > > > which should result in the attached .tex file > > > Let me know if I should make any changes to this new setup. Thanks > for > the ideas. -- Eric Eric, Yes, the expanded noweb syntax works here as advertised. Wonderful. I look forward to making use of it and will take you up on your offer to make changes as new possibilities make themselves known. All the best, Tom Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D. T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc. Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884 http://www.tsdye.com