* Export latex source blocks as HTML
@ 2010-02-27  3:07 Thomas S. Dye
       [not found] ` <6457.1267332445@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-02-27  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Exporting this file to html gives me a source code block for bibtex
but not for latex.

* Test export
#+BEGIN_SRC latex
   No export with latex
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC bibtex
   Export OK with bibtex
#+END_SRC

Does anyone else see this?  Any idea what I might have messed up?
Files that used to export perfectly have all lost their latex source
code blocks in HTML output.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Export latex source blocks as HTML
       [not found] ` <6457.1267332445@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>
@ 2010-02-28 16:57   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-02-28 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 27, 2010, at 6:47 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
>
>> Aloha all,
>>
>> Exporting this file to html gives me a source code block for bibtex
>> but not for latex.
>>
>> * Test export
>> #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>>  No export with latex
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC bibtex
>>  Export OK with bibtex
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> Does anyone else see this?  Any idea what I might have messed up?
>> Files that used to export perfectly have all lost their latex
>> source code blocks in
>> HTML output.
>>

> Tom,
>
> I just put the above in a file and exported it to html. I get the
> attached html file (which, afaict, contains both latex and bibtex src
> blocks, in contrast to what you get). This is with Org-mode version
> 6.34trans (release_6.34c.103.g8625e).
>
> HTH,
> Nick
>
> <tomdye.org><tomdye.html>

Thanks Nick,

My results are due to org-babel.  The recently augmented support for
LaTeX sets the default to :exports results, when the org-mode
publishing process wants :exports code.  I was aware of the change but
not prepared to understand all its ramifications.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: Export latex source blocks as HTML
@ 2010-03-01  7:54     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-01  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:57 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2010, at 6:47 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha all,
>>>
>>> Exporting this file to html gives me a source code block for
>>> bibtex but not for latex.
>>>
>>> * Test export
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>>> No export with latex
>>> #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC bibtex
>>> Export OK with bibtex
>>> #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> Does anyone else see this?  Any idea what I might have messed up?
>>> Files that used to export perfectly have all lost their latex
>>> source code blocks in
>>> HTML output.
>>>

>> Tom,
>>
>> I just put the above in a file and exported it to html. I get the
>> attached html file (which, afaict, contains both latex and bibtex src
>> blocks, in contrast to what you get). This is with Org-mode version
>> 6.34trans (release_6.34c.103.g8625e).

Does that need to be fixed somewhere?

- Carsten

* Re: Export latex source blocks as HTML
@ 2010-03-01 16:19       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-03-01 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 28, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:57 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

>>> Tom,
>>>
>>> I just put the above in a file and exported it to html. I get the
>>> attached html file (which, afaict, contains both latex and bibtex
>>> src
>>> blocks, in contrast to what you get). This is with Org-mode version
>>> 6.34trans (release_6.34c.103.g8625e).
>
> Does that need to be fixed somewhere?
>
> - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I think we should add a footnote to the org-mode publishing section
that points to the org-babel documentation (which should probably be
augmented to make explicit the need for the :exports code header
argument in org-mode publishing).  I'm willing to do these things when
I find some time, but am wondering about making changes to the org-
mode manual.  What's the polite way to do this?

All the best,
Tom

* Re: Export latex source blocks as HTML
@ 2010-03-01 17:14         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-01 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 1, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

>> Does that need to be fixed somewhere?
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> I think we should add a footnote to the org-mode publishing section
> that points to the org-babel documentation (which should probably be
> augmented to make explicit the need for the :exports code header
> argument in org-mode publishing).  I'm willing to do these things
> when I find some time, but am wondering about making changes to the
> org-mode manual.  What's the polite way to do this?

Send a patch!  And in Worg, just Edit!

:-)

- Carsten

> All the best,