Hi Bastien, thanks a lot for your response but I finally solved the issue by installing the package cm-super. Cheers, Martin > From: bzg@gnu.org > To: mart_00@hotmail.com > CC: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > Subject: Re: fontenc makes pdf non-searchable > Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 02:00:52 +0200 > > Hi Martin, > > Martin Leduc writes: > > > However, when opening the experted pdf (with evince or okular) and > > searching for a word, the output from the search function is a list > > of words with apparently incorrect character encoding. > > > > I get the same result when compiling directly the exported tex file. > > However, if I remove the line: > > > > \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} > > > > the compiled pdf becomes correctly interpreted by the search > > function. According to the documentation of the org-article latex > > class, "There is no facility to disable loading fontenc". > > > > What should I do to make the pdf searchable with the org exporter ? > > I would try to remove the relevant entry from > `org-latex-default-packages-alist'. Did you try this? > > -- > Bastien