Hey finally your response helped me a lot, that is the problem was probably on my side. I solved it by installing the package cm-super, as suggested here. I still can't search in the pdf I gave you (and still wondering why YOU can), but re-exporting the org file makes a pdf that now works correctly. Thanks again ! Martin > Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:56:45 -0400 > From: wtd@pobox.com > To: mart_00@hotmail.com > CC: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > Subject: Re: [O] fontenc makes pdf non-searchable > > On 21 March 2015, Martin Leduc wrote: > > > You can find a minimal example here [1], with the org file, and the tex and pdf files generated from it. Firts try to search within the pdf. It does not work (at least on my side) To solve the problem, remove the line with > > \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} > > > > in the tex file, and compile it. It should now search normally. > > "It works for me" is all I can say, which isn't too helpful. Everything happens > as it should, and I can search the PDF (in evince). Maybe it's something with > your LaTeX setup? Sorry I can't suggest anything more. > > Bill > > [1] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7s6di4en5ljbkcq/AAAzyQeg6VkMHnC1X9dQTg6ua?dl=0 > > -- > William Denton ¡ê Toronto, Canada ¡ê https://www.miskatonic.org/