Nick Dokos writes: Hi Nick: > I like boxquotes for things like Info snippets, variable/function > docstrings and FAQ entries. Yes, I am addicted to boxquotes for things like that too. > That's inconvenient for code that somebody might want to cut-and-paste > in order to run however (one would need to edit it to get it back into > runnable form), so I use the Message function > message-mark-inserted-region to quote code. True. > I also did the following experiment: I saved the HTML form of the mail > (decoding it from quoted-printable to HTML with qprint) and looked at > it in Firefox (got italics: no surprise), and in w3m in emacs (with > the oblique capable Liberaion font I mentioned previously, which *can* > show italics): I get no italics in the latter, so I guess even w3m > cannot interpret arbitrary HTML, maybe because the underlying browser > is supposed to be text-only, so font style information does not get > through. Yes, the Italics doesn't show up in W3M. I can see it in Firefox if I use "View HTML parts in browser" in Gnus. Charles -- We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours! (Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan)