* [ANN] New items pushed in into Org Mode Github.
@ 2012-09-08 16:10 Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-09-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi:

(2nd try).

I just came from a business trip and still trying to get my bearings.

I pushed the following into the org-mode this morning which may be of interest:

  1. org-e-groff.el: Pushed a fix to solve the problem of an extra new line
                     in table generation that caused a new row to be written.

  2. ob-tcl.el        : Org Babel script for tclsh execution.  (contrib/babel/langs)

  3. ob-mathomatic.el : Org Babel script for mathomatic execution. (contrib/babel/langs)

  4. ob-eukleides.el  : Org Babel script for eukleides. Eukleides is a
                        gometry visualitation tool. (www.eukleides.org)
                        (contrib/babel/langs)

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com

* Re: [ANN] New items pushed in into Org Mode Github.
@ 2012-09-08 17:06 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-09-08 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Anaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Luis

It is great that you are updating your sources and providing updates on
new features in the mailing list.  It would be much better if you could
maintain a .org file in Worg that demoes all the capabilities of
org-e-groff exporter.

My only concern is that updates that you are providing is getting
fragmented (and not consolidated) as the exporter is continuing to be
improved and solidified.

ps: Definitely not meant as a criticism.

@ 2012-09-08 17:31   ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-09-08 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi:

> It is great that you are updating your sources and providing updates on
> new features in the mailing list.  It would be much better if you could
> maintain a .org file in Worg that demoes all the capabilities of
> org-e-groff exporter.

The org file for the exporter is up to date in terms of features. This
was a small fix that I needed to place and it did not created a change
in the documentation. (C'mon, I just removed a \n :) )

I should do that on the babel exports. It's on the todo list.

> My only concern is that updates that you are providing is getting
> fragmented (and not consolidated) as the exporter is continuing to be
> improved and solidified.
>
> ps: Definitely not meant as a criticism.

No worries, your point and concern is well taken. I try to keep the code
current, I'm not saying that I will always succeed, but I least I try
to do it.

Before I push anything into Org Mode Github I:

1. Check out the current code from Org Mode.
2. Do a diff for changes. For instance, in this case I noticed that
"macro" was removed and I removed it accordingly on the new code. I
need to do it for the ChangeLog (that I never get right anyway, but
I try).
3. Run regression test. I have an automated regression test script that I
run for changes. I got burned once, not to anybody's fault, it happened
and highlighted the need for having it.

Is there something that you've noticed that I should address?

(Now I'm curious...)
--

@ 2012-09-08 18:54     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-09-08 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Anaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I should do that on the babel exports. It's on the todo list.

This is probably what I meant.  Things like eukleides and mathomatic are
surfacing in this list for some time.  Someone willing to use it will
definitely find usage recipes, hmmm, useful.

> Is there something that you've noticed that I should address?

Provide a link to your repo:
    https://github.com/papoanaya/emacs_utils/

> (Now I'm curious...)

I am a casual observer.  You shouldn't take my comments seriously :-).

* Re: [ANN] New items pushed in into Org Mode Github.
@ 2012-09-08 19:08       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-09-08 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

>> I should do that on the babel exports. It's on the todo list.
>
> This is probably what I meant.  Things like eukleides and mathomatic are
> surfacing in this list for some time.  Someone willing to use it will
> definitely find usage recipes, hmmm, useful.

If we're talking documentation, it would be great to list all three of
these code block languages on Worg [1], this would also serve as the
ideal place to post usage examples, documentation of any custom header
arguments etc...

Thanks,

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: [ANN] New items pushed in into Org Mode Github.
@ 2012-09-09  2:36         ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-09-09  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

> If we're talking documentation, it would be great to list all three of
> these code block languages on Worg [1], this would also serve as the

Well, you got two out of three :). I uploaded the documentation for
Mathomatic and Tcl. I owe you the one for Eukleides. I'll work on that
tomorrow. Right now, my brain is mush...