Nick Dokos writes: > That may be because of the dotage of my mail reader of course (mh-e), > so I was wondering if there are any *emacs* mail readers[fn:1] that > show the effect? I doubt at this point that I'll ever switch to > e.g. gnus to read mail (mh-e and I have grown old together), but I am > curious whether something like it handles things properly.[fn:2] The Italic is not showing up in Gnus either. This is because the OP is not using "mail markup", i.e. /This is Italic/. IMHO, I don't see the point of not using ">" as the cite mark- anything else will confuse 99% of mailers. This is why I gave up on Supercite. Charles -- Why use Windows, since there is a door? (By fachat@galileo.rhein-neckar.de, Andre Fachat)