* Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-05 12:49 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-05 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

although using Emacs/Org-mode for almost everything, I still write my
"official" correspondence with a (quite nice) OpenOffice template. It
would be so much easier and faster to just use Org mode for that too.

I tried some LaTeX templates from the web, but they were ugly. I know
one could use the "Do It Yourself" approach, but I would rather save the
time and effort and like to ask if anybody on the list has a nice
looking Org-mode/ LaTeX setup for business letters and/or facturations
and doesn't mind to share it?

I found this interesting thread about the same topic:

,------------------------------------------------------------
| http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/Fv8aAut19uyEPkEUnsM8
`------------------------------------------------------------

but I could not figure out if it resulted in a kind of final setup that
is now used by some people and can be downloaded somewhere.

Thanks in advance

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-05 13:12 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-07-05 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
> although using Emacs/Org-mode for almost everything, I still write my
> "official" correspondence with a (quite nice) OpenOffice template. It
> would be so much easier and faster to just use Org mode for that too.

You can use opendocument export and use your Libreoffice template with
it. Check the archives for Jambunathan's post detailing how to do
that.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-05 19:00   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-05 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Thorsten Jolitz
> <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> although using Emacs/Org-mode for almost everything, I still write my
>> "official" correspondence with a (quite nice) OpenOffice template. It
>> would be so much easier and faster to just use Org mode for that too.
>
> You can use opendocument export and use your Libreoffice template with
> it. Check the archives for Jambunathan's post detailing how to do
> that.

Ok, thanks, though that would not be my perfered solution.
--

@ 2012-07-05 22:00     ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-07-05 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Thorsten Jolitz
>> <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> although using Emacs/Org-mode for almost everything, I still write my
>>> "official" correspondence with a (quite nice) OpenOffice template. It
>>> would be so much easier and faster to just use Org mode for that too.
>>
>> You can use opendocument export and use your Libreoffice template with
>> it. Check the archives for Jambunathan's post detailing how to do
>> that.
>
> Ok, thanks, though that would not be my perfered solution.

Well I assumed it would be since you already have a "quite nice"
OpenOffice template. If you are after latex templates for letters in
specific, I think Org mode might be the wrong tool for that. The tree
structure is a fundamental part of Org. This works very well for
articles, reports, theses; however I'm not sure it works as well for
letters. You might be better off by just using latex directly.

That said, maybe you could look for a latex template on CTAN[1]. Then
you could customise org-export-latex-classes to include the
documentclass provided by the package. Although I'm not sure how a tree
structure could be mapped to a letter.

If you do succeed, I would be interested to know.

GL

Footnotes:

[1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-05 22:47       ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-05 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Well I assumed it would be since you already have a "quite nice"
> OpenOffice template.

It looks like a professional letter, while everything I found in the web
rathers proves that programmers are not designers, even with a tool like
LaTeX at hand.

> If you are after latex templates for letters in specific, I think Org
> mode might be the wrong tool for that. The tree structure is a
> fundamental part of Org. This works very well for articles, reports,
> theses; however I'm not sure it works as well for letters. You might
> be better off by just using latex directly.
>
> That said, maybe you could look for a latex template on CTAN[1]. Then
> you could customise org-export-latex-classes to include the
> documentclass provided by the package. Although I'm not sure how a tree
> structure could be mapped to a letter.
>
> If you do succeed, I would be interested to know.

Thanks for the tips, but I don't have time for that at the moment and
was rather hoping that somebody already did the work and likes to share.
Of course this is not a LaTeX list, but it would be OK too to just have a
nice LaTeX template and write with AucTeX, even if Org mode is not used
(yet).

> Footnotes:
>
> [1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.

Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
design?. I tried that once and the result was ugly, there is a lot of
extra work necesary to make it look fancy and modern.

--

@ 2012-07-06  8:47         ` Michael Strey
From: Michael Strey @ 2012-07-06  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thorsten,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 12:47:59AM +0200, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
> > [1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.
>
> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
> design?...

Letter styles may be very different from country to country.  Thus the
LaTeX world knows various attempts to create templates for letters that
comply with national standards and national fancy.  Just for the case
that you are German, have a look at www.komascript.de and look for the
examples from Markus Kohms KOMA-Script book.  There are several examples
how to use the scrlttr2 class and how to tweak it to create an individual
template.

--
Regards
Michael

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-06 16:35           ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-06 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Strey <mstrey@strey.biz> writes:

Hi Michael,

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 12:47:59AM +0200, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>> > [1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.
>>
>> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
>> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
>> design?...
>
> Letter styles may be very different from country to country.  Thus the
> LaTeX world knows various attempts to create templates for letters that
> comply with national standards and national fancy.  Just for the case
> that you are German, have a look at www.komascript.de and look for the
> examples from Markus Kohms KOMA-Script book.  There are several examples
> how to use the scrlttr2 class and how to tweak it to create an individual
> template.

Yes, I'm German, and I've used komascript before, and that is definitely
a  way to achieve what I want.

I'm just trying to repeat the nice experience I had with writing a
modern CV in LaTeX - download a template, put in your data, and enjoy a
beautifill CV (or letter) - actually much more beautiful than I would
have ever managed to produce, and all that without hours or days of
tweaking.

But I probably should have a second look at the scrlttr2 class.
Thanks for the tip.

--

@ 2012-07-06 18:11             ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-07-06 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm just trying to repeat the nice experience I had with writing a
> modern CV in LaTeX - download a template, put in your data, and enjoy a
> beautifill CV (or letter) - actually much more beautiful than I would
> have ever managed to produce, and all that without hours or days of
> tweaking.

The way I see it, someone had to invest the time for you to have that
smooth experience. Maybe no one did that for letters yet. Who knows, we
could be using your template in the future. ;)

--
Suvayu

* HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet (was: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?)
@ 2012-07-06 19:08 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-07-06 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,

Hi Thorsten!

> although using Emacs/Org-mode for almost everything, I still write my
> "official" correspondence with a (quite nice) OpenOffice template. It
> would be so much easier and faster to just use Org mode for that too.

I accomplished this by using yasnippet and Org-mode. It is quite
convenient :-)

1. install, configure, and learn yasnippet for your Emacs
   - a must; independent of this one here!

2. put «newletter» (below) into your snippet directory so that it can be
   invoked when you're in a Org-mode buffer
   - usually, this means storing as something similar to
     «~/.emacs.d/snippets/text-mode/org-mode/newletter»
   - adopt my dummy entries for your name, address, and so forth

So far for the initial setup.

3. create a new (empty) folder

4. enter the new folder

5. create and open a new Org-mode file in Emacs
   - it is only temporary
   - you might want to use «emacsclient init.org»

6. within this open Emacs buffer, type «newletter» followed by TAB
   - this invokes the yasnippet template

7. fill out all fields, take default values or change them, switch to
   the next field by using TAB

8. when you end up at the line «cat  >Kopf.tex <<EOF»: press C-c C-c
   in order to get the template generated

9. exit the temporary Org-mode buffer
   - you can even delete the Org-mode file now that the template was generated

10. start typing your letter within «letter.tex» and compile with «make
    pdf» as you want

This is the file «newletter»:
  - please do exclude my email signature below :-)
  - please note that the Makefile requires tabstops before each
    indented command line - probably you have to fix this once
    while creating «newletter»

# -*- mode: snippet -*-
# name: LaTeX KOMA scrlttr2
# key: newletter
# contributor: Karl Voit
# --

From/Name:       ${1:Your Name}
From/Street:     ${2:Your street and house number}
From/Postal No.: ${3:1234}
From/City:       ${4:Yourcity}
From/Signature:	 ${5:\\usekomavar{fromname}}
From/Email:      ${6:Youremail}
From/Phone:      ${7:0043/664/12\\,34\\,56}

To/Company:    $8
To/Name:       $9
To/Street:     $10
To/Postal No.: $11
To/City:       $12

Subject:  $13
Filename: $14

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
cat  >letter.tex <<EOF
\documentclass[%
%DIV=14,% viel mehr Platz auf einer Seite
%enlargefirstpage,% mehr Platz (bringt nicht viel)
fontsize=12pt,%
parskip=half,%
subject=titled,% 'Betrifft: ' hinschreiben
backaddress=false,% Absenderadresse nochmal (klein, einzeilig) ueber Empfaenger
fromalign=left,%
fromemail=true,%
fromphone=true%
]{scrlttr2}

\usepackage{ucs}             %% UTF8 as input characters
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc} %% UTF8 as input characters

\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

\setkomavar{fromname}{$1}
\setkomavar{fromaddress}{$2\\newline{}$3~$4}
\setkomavar{signature}{$5}
\setkomavar{fromemail}{$6}
\setkomavar{fromphone}{$7}

\begin{document}

% -------------------------------------------------------------

\setkomavar{subject}{$13}

\begin{letter}{%
$8\\newline
$9\\newline
$10\\newline
$11~$12}

\LoadLetterOption{DINmtext} %% Adressfeld ist weiter oben -> mehr Text

\opening{Sehr geehrtXX NAME!}

TEXT

\closing{Mit freundlichen Grüßen}

%\encl{Lebenslauf}% Anhang

\end{letter}

% -------------------------------------------------------------

\end{document}

EOF
cat -T >Makefile_temp <<EOF
## ein aussagekraeftiger Name zum Benennen der Endprodukte (PDFs, ZIPs, ...)
PROJECTNAME = "$14"

## -----------------------------------------
##       DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE
## -----------------------------------------

## Makefile von Karl Voit (Karl@Voit.net)

## COMMANDS:
#PDFVIEWER = xpdf
PDFVIEWER = acroread
PDFLATEX_CMD = pdflatex
TIMESTAMP = \\\`/bin/date +%Y-%m-%dT%H.%M\\\`
FILENAME = "\\\${TIMESTAMP}_\\\${PROJECTNAME}.pdf"

#help
#helpThe main targets of this Makefile are:
#help	help	this help
.PHONY: help
help:
§@sed -n 's/^#help//p' < Makefile

# --------------------------------------------------------

#help	all	create PDF
.PHONY: all
all: main

.PHONY: main
main: pdf

# --------------------------------------------------------

#help	pdf	generate PDF
.PHONY: pdf
pdf: letter.pdf

letter.pdf: letter.tex
§TEXINPUTS=\\\$(TEXINPUTS) \\\${PDFLATEX_CMD} letter.tex
§TEXINPUTS=\\\$(TEXINPUTS) \\\${PDFLATEX_CMD} letter.tex
§-mv letter.pdf "\\\${FILENAME}"
§touch letter.pdf

# --------------------------------------------------------

#help	view	view the PDF
.PHONY: view
§\\\${PDFVIEWER} "\\\${FILENAME}"

# --------------------------------------------------------

#help	clean	clean up temporary files
.PHONY: clean
clean:
§-rm *~ *.aux *.bbl main.dvi main.ps main.pdf *.dvi *.blg *.idx *.ilg *.ind *.toc *.log *.log *.brf *.out *.lof *.lot *.gxg *.glx *.gxs *.glo *.gls -f

#help	purge	cleaner than clean ;-)
.PHONY: purge
purge: clean
§-rm *.pdf *.ps -f

#help	force	force rebuild next run
.PHONY: force
force:
§touch *tex

# TOOLS:

#help	zip	create ZIP-file
.PHONY: zip
zip: clean
§zip -r ../\\\${PROJECTNAME}_\\\${TIMESTAMP}.zip *

#end
EOF
# OK, this is somewhat dirty but it's a workaround to the problem that TABs do not get into Makefile
tr '§' '\t' <Makefile_temp >Makefile
rm Makefile_temp
#+END_SRC

Karl Voit

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-06 19:11               ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-06 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Thorsten Jolitz
> <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I'm just trying to repeat the nice experience I had with writing a
>> modern CV in LaTeX - download a template, put in your data, and enjoy a
>> beautifill CV (or letter) - actually much more beautiful than I would
>> have ever managed to produce, and all that without hours or days of
>> tweaking.
>
> The way I see it, someone had to invest the time for you to have that
> smooth experience. Maybe no one did that for letters yet. Who knows, we
> could be using your template in the future. ;)

When I start Emacs or use Org mode, my smooth experience depends very
much on time invested by others (for me?). I know one should give back
too, but it doesn't hurt to ask first what is there already.

If I find (or make) a nice template, I will announce it ;)

--

@ 2012-07-06 19:23                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-06 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> If I find (or make) a nice template, I will announce it ;)

A letter is no more than a header with the author, the date, the object
of the letter, perhaps the client's address and the content of the
letter.

If you find a nice LaTeX class, it is quite straightforward to create a
derived LaTeX backend with ̀org-export-define-derived-backend' so that
you get a .tex file using that class and the correct instructions.

I would use #+PROPERTY to define the necessary information such as
your address, etc.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-06 19:44                   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-06 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Thorsten Jolitz, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> A letter is no more than a header with the author, the date, the object
> of the letter, perhaps the client's address and the content of the
> letter.
>
> If you find a nice LaTeX class, it is quite straightforward to create a
> derived LaTeX backend with ̀org-export-define-derived-backend' so that
> you get a .tex file using that class and the correct instructions.

Good idea!

> I would use #+PROPERTY to define the necessary information such as
> your address, etc.

Another solution could be to create dedicated buffer keywords. With the
following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-export-define-derived-backend 'letter 'e-latex
  :options-alist ((:address "ADDRESS" nil nil newline)
                  (:destination "DESTINATION" nil nil newline)
                  (:object "OBJECT"))
  :translate-alist ((template . org-letter-template)))
#+end_src

you can define an address with:

#+begin_src org
#+ADDRESS: Free Software Foundation
#+ADDRESS: 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
#+ADDRESS: Boston, MA 02110-1301
#+ADDRESS: USA
#+end_src

and access it with (plist-get info :address) in `org-letter-template'.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet
@ 2012-07-06 22:35   ` Nicolas Goaziou
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-06 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Based on your work, I've put up the attached back-end:
org-koma-letter.el.

Quoting its documentation:

This library implements a KOMA Scrlttr2 back-end, derived from the
LaTeX one.

Depending on the desired output format, three commands are provided for
export: `org-koma-letter-export-as-latex' (temporary buffer),
`org-koma-letter-export-to-latex' ("tex" file) and
`org-koma-letter-export-to-pdf' ("pdf" file).

On top of buffer keywords supported by `e-latex' back-end (see
`org-e-latex-options-alist'), this back-end introduces the following
keywords: "CLOSING" (see `org-koma-letter-closing'), "FROM_ADDRESS" (see
`org-koma-letter-from-address'), "LCO" (see
`org-koma-letter-class-option-file'), "OPENING" (see
`org-koma-letter-opening'), "PHONE_NUMBER" (see
`org-koma-letter-phone-number'), "SIGNATURE" (see
`org-koma-letter-signature') and "TO_ADDRESS".

You will need to add an appropriate association in `org-e-latex-classes'
in order to use the KOMA Scrlttr2 class.  For example, you can use the
following code:

  (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-classes
               '("my-letter"
                 "\\documentclass\[%
  DIV=14,
  fontsize=12pt,
  parskip=half,
  subject=titled,
  backaddress=false,
  fromalign=left,
  fromemail=true,
  fromphone=true\]\{scrlttr2\}
  \[DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
  \[PACKAGES]
  \[EXTRA]"
                 ("\\section\{%s\}" . "\\section*\{%s\}")
                 ("\\subsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsection*\{%s\}")
                 ("\\subsubsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsubsection*\{%s\}")))

Then, in your Org document, be sure to require the proper class with :

   #+LATEX_CLASS: my-letter

In this back-end, headlines are ignored during export.

You can test it on the following Org document:

#+TITLE: About Org and letters
#+AUTHOR: Nicolas Goaziou

#+TO_ADDRESS: Someone \\
#+TO_ADDRESS: in some town

#+SIGNATURE: ngz

#+LATEX_CLASS: my-letter

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enimad
minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in
reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla
pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in
culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

It's far from being complete. See it as a proof of concept. Feel free to
upgrade it.

Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: org-koma-letter.el --]

* Re: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet
@ 2012-07-07  0:34     ` Thorsten Jolitz
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-07  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Suvayu, Micheal, Bastien and especially Karl and Nicolas,

> Based on your work, I've put up the attached back-end:
> org-koma-letter.el.

thanks a lot for your tips and the actual code, that looks very
promising, so I might well write my business letters from Org mode in a
not so far future - what would be quite a relief.

--

@ 2012-07-07  1:55         ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2012-07-07  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> > [1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.
>
> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
> design?. I tried that once and the result was ugly, there is a lot of
> extra work necesary to make it look fancy and modern.

May be relevant to look at this thread from the list:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/29926

Vikas

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-07  2:42             ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2012-07-07  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm German, and I've used komascript before, and that is definitely
> a  way to achieve what I want.
>
> I'm just trying to repeat the nice experience I had with writing a
> modern CV in LaTeX - download a template, put in your data, and enjoy a
> beautifill CV (or letter) - actually much more beautiful than I would
> have ever managed to produce, and all that without hours or days of
> tweaking.

Just out of curiosity, what was the CV template you used ?

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet
@ 2012-07-07  9:35     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-07-07  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello Nicolas!

> Based on your work, I've put up the attached back-end:
> org-koma-letter.el.

... and this is why I *love* this community so much :-)

Yes, you are absolutely right that my method is unnecessary complex
using this «generate TeX-files and Makefile using a shell script
within Org-mode». For a non-LISPer like me, my method was
straightforward and more general: my method can generate any kind
of ASCII file template such as new shellscripts, new Python projects
and so forth :-)

And yes, your method is much simpler in terms of complexity and I
definitely will take a closer look on how to implement such a thing
with the export functions.

Thanks for your work!

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-07 11:48               ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-07 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:

> Just out of curiosity, what was the CV template you used ?

I attach 3 variations of the same template, I used the one from TRAVIS
as a basis for my CV, but the others are nice too.

[-- Attachment #2: CV 2007 Krieger --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 4789 bytes --]

%% start of file `template_en.tex'.
%% Copyright 2007 Xavier Danaux (xdanaux@gmail.com).
%
% This work may be distributed and/or modified under the
% conditions of the LaTeX Project Public License version 1.3c,
% available at http://www.latex-project.org/lppl/.

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{moderncv}

% moderncv themes
\moderncvtheme[red]{casual}                 % optional argument are 'blue' (default), 'orange', 'red', 'green', 'grey' and 'roman' (for roman fonts, instead of sans serif fonts)
%\moderncvtheme[green]{classic}                % idem

% character encoding
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}                   % replace by the encoding you are using

% adjust the page margins
\usepackage[scale=0.8]{geometry}
\recomputelengths                             % required when changes are made to page layout lengths

% personal data
\firstname{Holly}
\familyname{Krieger}
%\title{Resumé title (optional)}               % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\address{851 S. Morgan}{Chicago, IL 60607}    % optional, remove the line if not wanted
%\mobile{mobile (optional)}                    % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\phone{312.996.2132}                      % optional, remove the line if not wanted
%\fax{fax (optional)}                          % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\email{hkrieger@uic.edu}                      % optional, remove the line if not wanted
%\extrainfo{additional information (optional)} % optional, remove the line if not wanted
%\photo[64pt]{picture}                         % '64pt' is the height the picture must be resized to and 'picture' is the name of the picture file; optional, remove the line if not wanted
\quote{"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier" - David Foster Wallace}                 % optional, remove the line if not wanted

%\nopagenumbers{}                             % uncomment to suppress automatic page numbering for CVs longer than one page

%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%            content
%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\begin{document}
\maketitle

\section{Education}
\cventry{2007--present}{MS, Mathematics (expected 2008)}{University of Illinois at Chicago}{}{\textit{Chicago, IL}}{} %arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2006--2007}{Graduate Study}{Michigan State University}{}{\textit{East Lansing, MI}}{} %arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2001--2006}{BS, Mathematics with High Distinction}{University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign}{}{\textit{Urbana, IL}}{} %arguments 3 to 6 are optional

%\section{Master thesis}
%\cvline{title}{\emph{Title}}
%\cvline{supervisors}{Supervisors}
%\cvline{description}{\small Short thesis abstract}

\section{Experience}
\subsection{Research}
\cventry{2007}{Independent Summer Research}{}{Urbana, IL}{}{- Studied approximations of functions in $L_{p}$ spaces for $0 < p < 1$ \newline{}- Supervised by Richard S. Laugesen}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2005}{Undergraduate Research Course}{Urbana, IL}{}{}{- Studied invariant polynomials in several complex variables on subgroups of the unitary group \newline{}- Supervised by Bruce Reznick and John P. D'Angelo}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\subsection{Teaching}
\cventry{2007--present}{Graduate Teaching Assistant}{University of Illinois at Chicago}{}{}{Supervised an online section of Beginning Algebra}% arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2006--2007}{Graduate Teaching Assistant}{Michigan State University}{}{}{Created and taught stand-alone courses in Business Calculus and Mathematics for Teachers}% arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2004--2006}{Undergraduate Teaching Assistant}{University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign}{}{}{Taught a discussion section for Calculus I}% arguments 3 to 6 are optional

\section{Languages}
\cvlanguage{Icelandic}{reading proficient}{language classes taken at H\'{a}sk\'{o}la \'{I}slands, Reykjav\'{i}k}
\cvlanguage{Italian}{reading proficient}{language classes taken at University of Illinois}
%\cvlanguage{language 3}{Skill level}{Comment}

\section{Computer skills}
\cvcomputer{Math Packages}{Mathematica, Matlab}{Programming Languages}{Java, C++}

\section{Other Interests}
\cvline{}{\small I also enjoy travel, music, and good food and wine.}
%\cvline{hobby 2}{\small Description}
%\cvline{hobby 3}{\small Description}

\closesection{}                   % needed to renewcommands
\renewcommand{\listitemsymbol}{-} % change the symbol for lists

% Publications from a BibTeX file
\nocite{*}
\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{publications}       % 'publications' is the name of a BibTeX file

\end{document}

%% end of file `template_en.tex'.

[-- Attachment #3: CV 2007 Travis --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 5822 bytes --]

%% start of file `template_en.tex'.
%% Copyright 2007 Xavier Danaux (xdanaux@gmail.com).
%
% This work may be distributed and/or modified under the
% conditions of the LaTeX Project Public License version 1.3c,
% available at http://www.latex-project.org/lppl/.

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{moderncv}

% moderncv themes
%\moderncvtheme[blue]{casual}                 % optional argument are 'blue' (default), 'orange', 'red', 'green', 'grey' and 'roman' (for roman fonts, instead of sans serif fonts)
\moderncvtheme[green]{classic}                % idem

% character encoding
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}                   % replace by the encoding you are using

% adjust the page margins
\usepackage[scale=0.8]{geometry}
\recomputelengths                             % required when changes are made to page layout lengths

% personal data
\firstname{Travis}
\familyname{McBride}
\title{Curriculum Vitae}               % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\address{\hspace{-1in}851 S. Morgan (M/C 249)}{Chicago, IL 60607-7045}    % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\mobile{mobile 312 218 8840}                    % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\phone{(312) 413-8265}                      % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\fax{312 996 1491}                          % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\email{tmcbri3@uic.edu}                      % optional, remove the line if not wanted
%\extrainfo{additional information (optional)} % optional, remove the line if not wanted
\photo[64pt]{my_photo_smaller}                         % '64pt' is the height the picture must be resized to and 'picture' is the name of the picture file; optional, remove the line if not wanted
\quote{"No man should escape our universities without knowing how little he knows." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer}                 % optional, remove the line if not wanted

%\nopagenumbers{}                             % uncomment to suppress automatic page numbering for CVs longer than one page

%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%            content
%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\begin{document}
\maketitle

\section{Education}
\cventry{2006-Present}{PhD Student in Applied Mathematics}{University of Illinois, Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science}{Chicago}{IL}{My interests are PDEs and Mathematical Physics.}
\cventry{1995--1997}{Master's Level Computer Science Courses}{DePaul University}{Chicago} {IL}{Coursework for professional development.}  % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{1991-1993}{MS in Pure Mathematics}{University of Illinois}{Chicago}{IL}{Department of Education Fellow January 1992 - July 1993.}  % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{1986-1990}{BA in Pure Mathematics}{DePaul University}{Chicago}{IL}{Graduated with High Honor.}  % arguments 3 to 6 are optional

%\section{Master thesis}
%\cvline{title}{\emph{Title}}
%\cvline{supervisors}{Supervisors}
%\cvline{description}{\small Short thesis abstract}

\section{Experience}
\subsection{Vocational}
\cventry{2007--Present}{Teaching Assistant}{University of Illinois}{Chicago}{IL}{Lead discussion sections for large lecture courses.}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{2000-2006}{Senior Applications Developer and Analyst}{Trans Union LLC}{Chicago}{IL}{Design, coding, and testing of credit reporting software.}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{1997--2000}{Applications Developer}{Information Resources Inc.}{Chicago}{IL}{Design, coding, and testing of market research applications.}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{1993-1996}{Statistical Analyst}{Kemper Insurance Companies}{Long Grove}{IL}{Statistical report filing to state agencies and the automation these reports.}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
\cventry{Autumn 1991}{Teaching Assistant}{University of Illinois}{Chicago}{IL}{Lead the discussion sections for a large lecture course.}                % arguments 3 to 6 are optional
%\subsection{Miscellaneous}
%\cventry{year--year}{Job title}{Employer}{City}{}{Description line 1\newline{}Description line 2}% arguments 3 to 6 are optional

\section{Teaching Assistant Experience}
\cvlistitem{Introduction to Differential Equations, Fall 2007}
\cvlistitem{Calculus II, Spring 2007}
\cvlistitem{Calculus I, Summer 2007}
\cvlistitem{Pre-Calculus, Fall 1991}

\vspace{.4in}\section{Computer skills}
\cvcomputer{Languages}{MATLAB, C, C++, Pro*C, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, Korn Shell, JCL, Perl, Expect} {Packages}{MATLAB, Maple}
\cvcomputer{Platforms}{UNIX, TSO/ISPF}  {Databases}{Sybase, Oracle, DB2}
\cvcomputer{Tools}{Word, Excel} {} {}
%\cvcomputer{}{} {}{}

\section{Languages}
\cvlanguage{English}{Fluent}{My native language.}
\cvlanguage{French}{Intermediate}{Speaking, reading, and writing.}
%\cvlanguage{language 3}{Skill level}{Comment}

\section{Interests}
\cvline{Bicycling}{\small My lifelong sport.}
\cvline{Inline Skating}{\small A fun alternative to running.}
\cvline{Guitar}{\small I've been playing for 23 years and I'm in a band.}
\cvline{Photography}{\small Digital photography is my newest hobby.}

\closesection{}                   % needed to renewcommands
\renewcommand{\listitemsymbol}{-} % change the symbol for lists

%\section{Extra 1}
%\cvlistitem{Item 1}
%\cvlistitem{Item 2}
%\cvlistitem[+]{Item 3}            % optional other symbol

%\section{Extra 2}
%\cvlistdoubleitem[\Neutral]{Item 1}{Item 4}
%\cvlistdoubleitem[\Neutral]{Item 2}{Item 5}
%cvlistdoubleitem[\Neutral]{Item 3}{}

% Publications from a BibTeX file
%\nocite{*}
%\bibliographystyle{plain}
%\bibliography{publications}       % 'publications' is the name of a BibTeX file

\end{document}

%% end of file `template_en.tex'.

[-- Attachment #4: CV 2007 Yue --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 6994 bytes --]

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{moderncv}

\moderncvtheme[black]{classic}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

% personal data
\firstname{Yu,}
\familyname{Yue}
\title{University of Illinois at Chicago \newline \small{\texttt{\textbf{Homepage: {\color{web}\weblink{http://imyy.net}}}}}}
%\address{Office 719 SEO\\ 851 S. Morgan St.}{Chicago, IL}
\extrainfo{Office 719 SEO\\ 851 S. Morgan St.\\ Chicago, IL 60606}
\phone{540--yy--yueyu}
\email{yyu9 at uic.edu}
%\photo[64pt]{Yue_Yu}

\newcommand{\up}[1]{\ensuremath{^\textrm{\scriptsize#1}}}

% the ConTeXt symbol
\def\ConTeXt{%
  C%
  \kern-.0333emo%
  \kern-.0333emn%
  \kern-.0667em\TeX%
  \kern-.0333emt}
\definecolor{web}{rgb}{0.2,0.2,0.2}
%\definecolor{web}{rgb}{0.5,0.5,0.5}
%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%            content
%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\begin{document}
\maketitle
\section{\textbf{Education}}
\cventry{2007--Present}{\textbf{Master of Science in
Mathematics}}{University of Illinois at Chicago}{USA}{}{ - Expected
in SUMMER 2009.\newline - Concentrate in Probability and Statistics,
over all GPA: 4.0/4.0.}
\cventry{2003--2007}{\textbf{Bachelor of Science}}{Fudan
University}{China}{}{ - Major in Mathematics and Applied
Mathematics, last two years GPA: 3.4/4.0.}
\cvitem{---}{\textsc{Undergraduate Thesis}}
\cvitem{title}{\textit{Nonstatistical Methods for Credit Scoring and
Its Applications}} \cvitem{description}{Develop three strategies for
credit scoring: linear programming, genetic algorithm and
back--propagating neural network and three model is built in MATLAB
for real data in order to evaluate their performances.}

\section{\textbf{Academic Background}}
\cvitem{Mathematics}{Calculus, Mathematical Analysis, ODE \& PDE,
Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Modern Algebra, Topology, ......}
\cvitem{Statistics}{Probability Theory, Statistical Theory, Applied Statistical Methods,
Sampling Theory, Linear Statistical Inference, Nonparametric Methods, Statistical Learning, ......}
\cvitem{Computing}{Programming Language Design, Parallel Computing, Data Mining and Prediction, Scientific Software, Numerical Analysis, ......}
\cvitem{Finance}{Managerial Finance, Derivatives Markets, Theory of Interest, ......}

\section{\textbf{Scholarships}}
\cventry{2006}{\textbf{People Scholarship}}{}{Fudan
University}{China}{} \cventry{2003--2006}{\textbf{Basic Science
Scholarship}}{}{Fudan University}{China}{}

\section{\textbf{Undergraduate Contest Awards}}
\cventry{Mar, 2007}{\textbf{Meritorious Winner}}{Interdisciplinary
Contest in Modeling}{}{}{ - Administered by the Consortium for
Mathematics and Its Applications, and sponsored by \newline \ \
SIAM, the NSA, and INFORMS.\newline - Webpage: {\color{web}
\weblink{http://www.comap.com/undergraduate/contests/icm/}}}
\cventry{Dec, 2006}{\textbf{Second Prize}}{China Undergraduate
Mathematical Contest in Modeling}{China}{}{} \cventry{Dec,
2005}{\textbf{Outstanding Award}}{Undergraduate Mathematical
Modeling Contest}{China}{}{ - The \textbf{1st} in East China.}
\cventry{Nov, 2002}{\textbf{Third Prize}}{Chinese Chemical
Olympiad}{China}{}{} \cventry{Oct, 2002}{\textbf{Second
Prize}}{Chinese Mathematical Olympiad}{China}{}{} \cventry{Dec,
2001}{\textbf{First Prize}}{Chinese Physics Olympiad}{China}{}{}
\cvitem{}{}
\cvitem{}{}

\section{\textbf{Experience}}
\subsection{\textbf{Working}}
\cventry{2009}{\textbf{Research Assistant}}{Technology Resources/Statistics, Epidemiology \& Surveillance}{Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Round Lake, IL}{}
{ - Serve as a contractor full time during summer and half time during the semester schedule.\newline
 - Perform under supervision for adverse event/product complaint surveillance; for R\&D animal studies, stability studies, reliability studies, manufacturing quality control studies; and for data analyses for clinical studies and related activities.}
\subsection{\textbf{Research}}
\cventry{2008}{\textbf{Statistical Lab}}{UIC}{}{}{
- Provid statistical consulting service for faculty, staff and graduate students inside or
outside the university.\newline
- Webpage: {\color{web} \weblink{http://www.math.uic.edu/\textasciitilde jyang06/statlab/StatLab.html}}}
\cventry{2007}{\textbf{Parallel Computing Lab}}{Fudan University}{}{}{
- Develop a parallel block reduction method for solving multiscale linear systems, use LAPACK and MPI
to build a package to perform the algorithm and evaluate its performance.}
%\cventry{Oct, 2006}{\textbf{L'Or$\mathbf{\acute{e}}$al e-Strat Challenge}}{China}{}{}{
%- Construct the main framework, and analyze R\&D segment, differentiate strategy for high--end and low--end product.}
\cventry{2004--2006}{\textbf{Mathematical Modeling Team Leader}}{Fudan University}{}{}{
- Lead a group of students with some Mathematical Modeling projects, make a two--hour presentation each season.}
\subsection{\textbf{Academia}}
\cventry{Oct. 2008}{\textbf{Fifth Midwest Database Research
Symposium}}{Chicago, Illinois}{}{}{} \cventry{May.
2008}{\textbf{The 31st Midwest Biopharmaceutical Statistics
Workshop}}{Muncie, Indiana}{}{}{}
\subsection{\textbf{Teaching}}
\cventry{2007--2008}{\textbf{Teaching Assistant}}{Department of Math, Stat, and CS}{\textit{UIC}}{}{
- Teach discussion sections for Math 121 -- Precalculus.}
%\cventry{2004}{\textbf{Volunteer Teacher}}{China}{}{}{
%- Two monthes volunteer teacher for rural ShanDong Province.}

%\cventry{2006}{Translator}{}{}{}{Translated Ananth Grama lecture slides of \emph{Introduction to Parallel Computing}}
%\cventry{2003--2005}{Vice Chairman}{Visions of Science society}{Fudan University}{}{Manage the funds of the society and organize the %society's activities.}\\[-2pt]
%\cventry{2004}{Volunteer teacher}{}{}{}{Two monthes volunteer teacher for rural ShanDong Province.}
%\cventry{2004--2006}{Mathematics tutor}{}{}{}{Teaching seven high school students basic mathematics, answering any of their questions.}

\section{\textbf{Completion Actuarial Exams}}
\cventry{Nov, 2007}{\textbf{Exam P/1}}{Society of Actuaries}{}{}{}
\cventry{May, 2008}{\textbf{Exam FM/1}}{Society of Actuaries}{}{}{}

\section{\textbf{Languages}}
\cvlanguage{Chinese}{Native}{}
\cvlanguage{English}{Fluent}{
TOEFL(PBT) Score: 633/677, Essay rating: 4.5/6.0;\\
GRE Score: Verbal 540/800, Quantitive 800/800;\\
GRE Analytical Writing: 4.0/6.0.
}

\section{\textbf{Computer skills}}
\cvcomputer{OS}{Linux/Unix, Windows, DOS} {programming}{C/C++, Java, MPI,
Python, SQL}
\cvcomputer{job-related}{SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Minitab}{typography}{\LaTeX, Microsoft Office}
\cvcomputer{scientific}{Matlab, Maple, R, Lingo} {}{}

\section{\textbf{Scientific Interests}}
\cvlistitem{Statistical Learning}
\cvlistitem{Time Series Analysis}
\cvlistitem{Spatial Statistics}
\cvlistitem{Stochastic Process}
\cvlistitem{Data/Text Mining}
%\cvlistitem{Boundary Value Problems}
%\cvlistitem{Numerical Analysis}
%\cvlistitem{Parallel Computing}
\end{document}

@ 2012-07-07 11:58           ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-07-07 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

>> > [1] Off the top of the head I recall a package called `scrlttr'.
>>
>> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
>> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
>> design?. I tried that once and the result was ugly, there is a lot of
>> extra work necesary to make it look fancy and modern.
>
> May be relevant to look at this thread from the list:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/29926

So package 'isodoc' seems to be another (maybe simpler?) option.
However, the thread proves again that it is not trivial to
do-it-yourself. but there are quite a lot of options, it seems.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet
@ 2012-07-08  9:08     ` AW
From: AW @ 2012-07-08  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am Samstag, 7. Juli 2012, 00:35:32 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Hello,
>
> Based on your work, I've put up the attached back-end:
> org-koma-letter.el.
>
> Quoting its documentation:

> You will need to add an appropriate association in `org-e-latex-classes'
> in order to use the KOMA Scrlttr2 class.  For example, you can use the
> following code:
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-classes
>                '("my-letter"
>                  "\\documentclass\[%
>   DIV=14,
>   fontsize=12pt,
>   parskip=half,
>   subject=titled,
>   backaddress=false,
>   fromalign=left,
>   fromemail=true,
>   fromphone=true\]\{scrlttr2\}
>   \[DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
>   \[PACKAGES]
>   \[EXTRA]"
>                  ("\\section\{%s\}" . "\\section*\{%s\}")
>                  ("\\subsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsection*\{%s\}")
>                  ("\\subsubsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsubsection*\{%s\}")))
>
> Then, in your Org document, be sure to require the proper class with :
>
>    #+LATEX_CLASS: my-letter
>
> In this back-end, headlines are ignored during export.

This is very usefull, scrlttr2 is being used much. Thank you very much!

To avoid misunderstandings: Letter classes do not support headlines out of the
box, but the author of KOMAscript, Markus Kohm, offers files to customize
scrlttr2, among those is »sections.lco«, see here:

http://www.komascript.de/sections.lco

This file adds headings from section down to paragraph, but does not support a
table of contents. The counters have been adapted to a German lawyers needs,
starting with "A." (section), "I." (subsections), "1." (subsubsection) and
"a)" (paragraph), but this can be customized in sections.lco.

So we can use headings in scrlttr2. As the page about sections.lco got nearly
10.000 hits during the last years, I guess many people use it for business
letters including headlines.

At least I do, which leads to my plea to amend org-koma-letter.el to export
headlines.

> It's far from being complete. See it as a proof of concept. Feel free to
> upgrade it.

Just in case someone has a rainy sunday as well . . .

Regards,

Alexander

* Re: Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
@ 2012-07-08 10:34             ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-07-08 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi all,

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

>>> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
>>> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
>>> design?. I tried that once and the result was ugly, there is a lot of
>>> extra work necesary to make it look fancy and modern.
>>
>> May be relevant to look at this thread from the list:
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/29926
>
> So package 'isodoc' seems to be another (maybe simpler?) option. However,
> the thread proves again that it is not trivial to do-it-yourself. but there
> are quite a lot of options, it seems.

This is still the solution I'm using -- however, not often sending postal
mails...

The only drawback there is that we need to tangle the buffer, and C-c C-c the
resulting LaTeX file in AUCTeX mode to get the PDF.

IIRC, Eric planed to look at the problem so that we could stay in Org for
making the whole loop.

Best regards,
Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet
@ 2012-07-08 13:34       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-08 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AW; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> At least I do, which leads to my plea to amend org-koma-letter.el to export
> headlines.

Just remove the line:

  (headline . org-koma-letter-headline)

in the file (and `org-koma-letter-headline' function if you want to)

If you don't want to reload emacs in order to take changes into account,
you'll have to:

  M-: (makunbound 'org-koma-letter-translate-alist)

and eval buffer again.

@ 2012-07-08 14:57         ` AW
From: AW @ 2012-07-08 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou

Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2012, 15:34:33 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Hello,
>
> AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:
> > At least I do, which leads to my plea to amend org-koma-letter.el to
> > export
> > headlines.
>
> Just remove the line:
>
>   (headline . org-koma-letter-headline)
>
> in the file (and `org-koma-letter-headline' function if you want to)
>
> If you don't want to reload emacs in order to take changes into account,
> you'll have to:
>
>   M-: (makunbound 'org-koma-letter-translate-alist)
>
> and eval buffer again.

Thank you again! I'm gonna test during the next week and will report.

Regards,

Alexander

* Extending org-koma-letter.el (was: HowTo: Letter template method using yasnippet)
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-27 16:24     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-07-27 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: n.goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Based on [Karl Voit's] work, I've put up the attached back-end:
> org-koma-letter.el.

Thanks.  It's wonderful writing letters with the new latex exporter.
You should consider adding it to org_contrib.

> It's far from being complete. See it as a proof of concept. Feel free
> to upgrade it.

I need two further features to fully adopt org-koma-letter.el, but I am
not sure how to proceed (I still haven't found too much [non-programmer]
documentation on how to hack the new org-exporter).

First, it should allow for contents after \closing{·}, e.g. \ps{·} and
\encl{·}.  Second, it should allow for arbitrary LaTeX command
\end{letter}, e.g. \includepdf{·}.

Thus, I basically want to extend org-koma-letter-template to include to
extra content-like elements.

   (defun org-koma-letter-template (contents info)
   (format "\n\\closing{%s}\n\n" (plist-get info :closing))
   ;; appendix in letter
   appendix
   ;; Letter ends.
   "\\end{letter}\n"
   after-letter
   ;; Document ends.
   "\\end{document}"

I am not sure how to implement this.  I want it to operate on tags.  So
I want
#+begin_src
* my-encl                                                    :appendix:
#+latex:\encl{
        - doc 1
        - doc 2
#+latex:}
#+end_src

to /not/ be part of contents, but be recognized as appendix inserted
after the signature.  Likewise headlines with tag :afterletter: should
only be inserted after \end{letter}.

Could anyone provide any hints as to how to archive this behavior.  (I
can't really understand all the details by just reading the API...).

BTW: scrlttr2 supports sections with certain lco-files, see
http://www.komascript.de/sections.lco.  So perhaps the
org-koma-letter-headline should contain this possibility.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
. . . Stallman was indeed the tallest possible mountain and by
standing on his shoulders you could see forever. . .

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-07-29 18:31       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-29 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Thanks.  It's wonderful writing letters with the new latex exporter.
> You should consider adding it to org_contrib.

As you have noticed, it is not complete enough. Also, I haven't looked
at the documentation thoroughly and don't know what is possible to do.

On the other hand, I think that Org deserves a serious letter
package. If you want to maintain and improve it, I'm all for adding it
to contrib directory.

>> It's far from being complete. See it as a proof of concept. Feel free
>> to upgrade it.

> I need two further features to fully adopt org-koma-letter.el, but I am
> not sure how to proceed (I still haven't found too much [non-programmer]
> documentation on how to hack the new org-exporter).

If you have any question, just ask here.

> First, it should allow for contents after \closing{·}, e.g. \ps{·} and
> \encl{·}.  Second, it should allow for arbitrary LaTeX command
> \end{letter}, e.g. \includepdf{·}.

This is a reasonable suggestion, indeed.

> Thus, I basically want to extend org-koma-letter-template to include to
> extra content-like elements.
>
>    (defun org-koma-letter-template (contents info)
>    (format "\n\\closing{%s}\n\n" (plist-get info :closing))
>    ;; appendix in letter
>    appendix
>    ;; Letter ends.
>    "\\end{letter}\n"
>    after-letter
>    ;; Document ends.
>    "\\end{document}"
>

> I am not sure how to implement this.  I want it to operate on tags.  So
> I want
> #+begin_src
> * my-encl                                                    :appendix:
> #+latex:\encl{
>         - doc 1
>         - doc 2
> #+latex:}
> #+end_src

The #+latex: ... parts are ugly. You may implement
an #+attr_koma: :enclosure t syntax, for example.

> to /not/ be part of contents, but be recognized as appendix inserted
> after the signature.  Likewise headlines with tag :afterletter: should
> only be inserted after \end{letter}.
>
> Could anyone provide any hints as to how to archive this behavior.  (I
> can't really understand all the details by just reading the API...).

While in the template, you have to search for headlines with a certain
tag (you could also do the same with properties), and treat them the way
you want.

Parse tree is found in communication channel (INFO argument) via:

  (plist-get info :parse-tree)

You can skim through it and collect headlines matching a criteria with
`org-element-map'. Here, the criteria is that "appendix" has to be
a member of headline's tags. These tags are obtained with
`org-export-get-tags'. Hence:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-element-map
  (plist-get info :parse-tree) 'headline
  (lambda (h)
    (and (member "appendix" (org-export-get-tags h info))
         h))
  info)
#+end_src

will return a list of all headlines with the "appendix" tag. Now, what
you want to do with them is up to you.  You may simply want to export
them right here, in the template. This is done with `org-export-data'.

#+begin_src emacs-liso
(mapconcat (lambda (h) (org-export-data h info))
           ;; List of "appendix" headlines
           (org-element-map
            (plist-get info :parse-tree) 'headline
            (lambda (h)
              (and (member "appendix" (org-export-get-tags h info))
                   h))
            info)
           "")
#+end_src

Though, if you transcode them outside of \begin{letter}...\end{letter},
you probably don't want to also see them within that environment. In
other words, you have to tell the function transcoding headlines,
`org-koma-letter-headline', to ignore (that is return a nil value)
headlines with an "appendix" tag when it sees one.

On the other hand, if the headline has no such tag, you may want to
delegate its transcoding to e-latex backend instead. You can use
something like the following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-koma-letter-headline (headline contents info)
  "Transcode a HEADLINE element into KOMA Scrlttr2 code.
CONTENTS is nil.  INFO is a plist used as a communication
channel."
  (unless (member "appendix" (org-export-get-tags headline info))
    (funcall (cdr (assq 'headline org-e-latex-translate-alist))
             headline contents info)))
#+end_src

HTH,

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-07-31 10:14         ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-07-31 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

Hi:

>> Thanks.  It's wonderful writing letters with the new latex exporter.
>> You should consider adding it to org_contrib.

> On the other hand, I think that Org deserves a serious letter
> package. If you want to maintain and improve it, I'm all for adding it
> to contrib directory.

Nicolas, I would like to take a look at the code. I've been raking my
brain on how to add support for the .LO/.LT Groff macros being that they
break convention to covers and memorandum types.

>> * my-encl                                                    :appendix:
>> #+latex:\encl{
>>         - doc 1
>>         - doc 2
>> #+latex:}
>> #+end_src

> The #+latex: ... parts are ugly. You may implement
> an #+attr_koma: :enclosure t syntax, for example.

This one I can use to enclose the .NS calls (that's how enclosures are
marked in Groff). Right now there's support for Closure and Signature, but
enclosures or carbon copy  marks need to be added using Groff code.

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (org-element-map
>   (plist-get info :parse-tree) 'headline
>   (lambda (h)
>     (and (member "appendix" (org-export-get-tags h info))
>          h))
>   info)
> #+end_src

Oh, so that's the magic trick :).  I was wondering for a good way to do
implement abstracts, but I should be able to use it to use it
for addresses as well.

Thanks for sharing.

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-08-03  8:19           ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-08-03  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Anaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas, I would like to take a look at the code. I've been raking my
> brain on how to add support for the .LO/.LT Groff macros being that they
> break convention to covers and memorandum types.

Code for org-koma-letter.el is at:

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57547

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-08-03 14:23             ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-08-03 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Code for org-koma-letter.el is at:
>
>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57547

Thanks... I'll take a look.  I went through the Koma documentation to
get a sense of the LaTeX commands in use for writing letters and see
how they relate to the Groff ones, in this way I have some context on
the code while reading it.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Luis

--

@ 2012-08-03 16:24               ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-03 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Anaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi Luis,

Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Code for org-koma-letter.el is at:
>>
>>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57547

I added a link to this in

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/index.html

> Thanks... I'll take a look.  I went through the Koma documentation to
> get a sense of the LaTeX commands in use for writing letters and see
> how they relate to the Groff ones, in this way I have some context on
> the code while reading it.

If you want to take care of this library, please do!
Nicolas told me he won't have time for this anytime soon.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-08-04  0:40                 ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-08-04  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> If you want to take care of this library, please do!
> Nicolas told me he won't have time for this anytime soon.

Well, that's a challenge... It's now and my wife thinks I have a cyber lover
or something being that I spend typing on the keyboard up to the wee
hours of the night or morning... plus work which has its demands as
it is.

Let me finalize the Groff code first, it should give me an idea of the
challenges of letter creation. I can see what can I do with the Koma
exporter. (and I have to re-learn LaTeX being that I do not use it as
much as Groff).

We'll see...

--

@ 2012-11-06 15:31                 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> Code for org-koma-letter.el is at:
>>>
>>>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57547
>
> I added a link to this in
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/index.html

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I need to write a
recommendation letter, which is all ready in org mode. I have put the
org-koma-letter.el in the contrib/lisp directory, compiled it, and
required it. I created the association as suggested, but when I export
to latex, I get some strange results. It seems that the association is
used (as indicated by the documentclass), but there is no
"\begin{letter} ... \end{letter}" generated. Here is the generated
latex:

#+BEGIN_SRC latex
% Created 2012-11-06 Tue 16:23
\documentclass[%
  DIV=14,
  fontsize=10pt,
  parskip=half,
  subject=untitled,
  backaddress=true,
  fromalign=right,
  fromemail=true,
  fromphone=false,
  InriaRennesFR]{scrlttr2}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
  \usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\author{Alan Schmitt}
\date{\today}
\title{Testing the letter}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Generated by Org mode 7.9.2 in Emacs 24.2.1.}}
\begin{document}

\maketitle
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

Hello world
% Generated by Org mode 7.9.2 in Emacs 24.2.1.
\end{document}
#+END_SRC

and the corresponding org source:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+LATEX_CLASS: my-inria-fr-letter

#+TITLE: Testing the letter

#+CLOSING: Yo, man

Hello world
#+END_SRC

Finally, this is what I added to my init file:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(require 'org-koma-letter)

(add-to-list 'org-e-latex-classes
             '("my-inria-fr-letter"
               "\\documentclass\[%
  DIV=14,
  fontsize=10pt,
  parskip=half,
  subject=untitled,
  backaddress=true,
  fromalign=right,
  fromemail=true,
  fromphone=false,
  InriaRennesFR\]\{scrlttr2\}
  \[DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
  \[PACKAGES]
  \[EXTRA]"
                 ("\\section\{%s\}" . "\\section*\{%s\}")
                 ("\\subsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsection*\{%s\}")
                 ("\\subsubsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsubsection*\{%s\}")))
#+END_SRC

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-13 22:56                   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-13 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I'm resurrecting this old thread because I need to write a
> recommendation letter, which is all ready in org mode. I have put the
> org-koma-letter.el in the contrib/lisp directory, compiled it, and
> required it. I created the association as suggested, but when I export
> to latex, I get some strange results. It seems that the association is
> used (as indicated by the documentclass), but there is no
> "\begin{letter} ... \end{letter}" generated.

I cannot reproduce it. Also, I think Luis provided a better option for
letters with his Groff backend. You may want to try it.

Anyway, for the record, I'm posting an updated version[1] of the file,
compatible with latest Org (master branch). It may solve your problem.

Regards,

[1] I do not seriously maintain this file. It was a proof of concept.

--
Nicolas Goaziou

[-- Attachment #2: KOMA Scrlttr2 backend --]

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-14 16:48                     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-14 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> I cannot reproduce it. Also, I think Luis provided a better option for
> letters with his Groff backend. You may want to try it.
>
> Anyway, for the record, I'm posting an updated version[1] of the file,
> compatible with latest Org (master branch). It may solve your problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> [1] I do not seriously maintain this file. It was a proof of concept.

Thanks a lot. If there is no plan to maintain a Koma backend, I'll have
a look ot Luis's Groff backend.

Thanks again,

Alan

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-20  3:14                       ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-11-20  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Anyway, for the record, I'm posting an updated version[1] of the file,
>> compatible with latest Org (master branch). It may solve your problem.
>>

> Alan

Hi:

Let me know how the back end is working for you. Bastien asked to work
on koma but things have been delayed thanks to work, hurricanes, raccoons,
looters, blackouts and now turkey. :)

Luis

--

@ 2012-11-22 16:07                     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-22 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, for the record, I'm posting an updated version[1] of the file,
> compatible with latest Org (master branch). It may solve your problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> [1] I do not seriously maintain this file. It was a proof of concept.

I had to write yet another letter, so I digged into this and it's now
working well enough for me. I made a few changes to the file (which I
attach):

- fixed bugs to the menu (export to pdf, open pdf), added "export to tex
  file"
- put a default address "no address" instead of a blank line, otherwise
  compilation fails
- moved the lco file input before the preamble, so that one can specify
  some additional information (like packages). (This may be
  questionable, don't hesitate to let me know.)

I now have two questions: a technical one and a non-technical one.

The technical one: I see that org-e-koma extends the latex exporter with
some options:

(org-export-define-derived-backend koma-letter e-latex
  :options-alist
  ((:closing "CLOSING" nil org-koma-letter-closing)
   (:from-address "FROM_ADDRESS" nil org-koma-letter-from-address newline)

These options have 3 arguments instead of 4 in the definition of options
in org-e-latex:

  :options-alist ((:date "DATE" nil org-e-latex-date-format t)
		  (:latex-class "LATEX_CLASS" nil org-e-latex-default-class t)

Is the missing argument the one that lets EXPORT_OPTIONS specify if some
parts can be omitted for subtree export? Or is it something different?

The non-technical question: I understand this exporter is just a proof
of concept, but it is working quite well for me, and I'm ready to help
tweaking this. If I do further modifications, should I send them to the
list?

Thanks,

Alan

@ 2012-11-22 16:32                       ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-11-22 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan.schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> The non-technical question: I understand this exporter is just a proof
> of concept, but it is working quite well for me, and I'm ready to help
> tweaking this. If I do further modifications, should I send them to the
> list?

YES!!  I want to use Org for my (KOMA) letters (which are all of my
letters).  Unfortunately, I ran into some limitations the last time I
used it ¹.  Indeed, improving/working with more with KOMA letter
exporter is on my TODO list; but at the moment I'm terribly occupied.

–Rasmus

Footnotes:
 ¹   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-07/msg00703.htlm

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-22 16:40                       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-22 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I had to write yet another letter, so I digged into this and it's now
> working well enough for me. I made a few changes to the file (which I
> attach):
>
> - fixed bugs to the menu (export to pdf, open pdf), added "export to tex
>   file"
> - put a default address "no address" instead of a blank line, otherwise
>   compilation fails
> - moved the lco file input before the preamble, so that one can specify
>   some additional information (like packages). (This may be
>   questionable, don't hesitate to let me know.)

I think that's fine.

> I now have two questions: a technical one and a non-technical one.
>
> The technical one: I see that org-e-koma extends the latex exporter with
> some options:
>
> (org-export-define-derived-backend koma-letter e-latex
>   :options-alist
>   ((:closing "CLOSING" nil org-koma-letter-closing)
>    (:from-address "FROM_ADDRESS" nil org-koma-letter-from-address newline)
>
> These options have 3 arguments instead of 4 in the definition of options
> in org-e-latex:
>
>   :options-alist ((:date "DATE" nil org-e-latex-date-format t)
> 		  (:latex-class "LATEX_CLASS" nil org-e-latex-default-class t)
>
> Is the missing argument the one that lets EXPORT_OPTIONS specify if some
> parts can be omitted for subtree export? Or is it something different?

It's something different: the last argument defines the behaviour when
more than one keyword is found in the buffer. When unspecified, it
defaults to nil. The syntax is the same as `org-export-options-alist',
which defines back-end agnostic export options. You should have a look
at its docstring.

> The non-technical question: I understand this exporter is just a proof
> of concept, but it is working quite well for me, and I'm ready to help
> tweaking this. If I do further modifications, should I send them to the
> list?

I classified it as "proof of concept" because I was too lazy to dig into
Scrlttr2 documentation and provide a complete enough letter back-end.
I would be glad that someone maintains it.

I think the simplest solution is to:

  1. Ask for push access to Org.
  2. Commit file in contrib/ directory.
  3. Add yourself as Maintainer in it (or Author, for that matter).
  4. Commit additional changes when you see fit, without sending the
     file over and over to the ML.

For point 1, see http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html (For Org
Developers)

Also, it would be nice if you signed FSF papers.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-23  8:34                         ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-23  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

>> The non-technical question: I understand this exporter is just a proof
>> of concept, but it is working quite well for me, and I'm ready to help
>> tweaking this. If I do further modifications, should I send them to the
>> list?
>
> I classified it as "proof of concept" because I was too lazy to dig into
> Scrlttr2 documentation and provide a complete enough letter back-end.
> I would be glad that someone maintains it.
>
> I think the simplest solution is to:
>
>   1. Ask for push access to Org.

Done.

>   2. Commit file in contrib/ directory.
>   3. Add yourself as Maintainer in it (or Author, for that matter).

As I really haven't done much, it should at most be maintainer ;-)

>   4. Commit additional changes when you see fit, without sending the
>      file over and over to the ML.
>
> For point 1, see http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html (For Org
> Developers)
>
> Also, it would be nice if you signed FSF papers.

I've signed and sent them by sent mail, but I haven't heard back yet
(they're supposed to send me a pdf with their signature added).

Alan

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-23 11:51                           ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-23 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

>>   3. Add yourself as Maintainer in it (or Author, for that matter).
>
> As I really haven't done much, [...]

yet ;)

> I've signed and sent them by sent mail, but I haven't heard back yet
> (they're supposed to send me a pdf with their signature added).

OK. Keep us informed when the process is over. Note this step is not
mandatory to modify a file in contrib/, so you can do 1-3 meanwhile.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-26  8:01                             ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-26  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode, Luis Anaya

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> OK. Keep us informed when the process is over. Note this step is not
> mandatory to modify a file in contrib/, so you can do 1-3 meanwhile.

I've added koma-letter to the repository, in contrib/lisp. Please let me
know if I did something wrong.

Alan

* Re: Extending org-koma-letter.el
@ 2012-11-26 12:48                               ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-11-26 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou, Luis Anaya

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OK. Keep us informed when the process is over. Note this step is not
>> mandatory to modify a file in contrib/, so you can do 1-3 meanwhile.
>
> I've added koma-letter to the repository, in contrib/lisp. Please let me
> know if I did something wrong.

Great.  Thanks Alan!

--
 Bastien