* Yes, I'm still alive
@ 2012-11-07  1:35 Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-11-07  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi:

It has been a while since I've posted or said anything, but right now at
work it's the mad dash before the holidays. I've been keeping the Groff
exporter up to date from the changes in the main repository with the
exception of the past few days because of Sandy.

Sandy, the hurricane, that is. You see, I live in New Jersey and the
hurricane made landfall about 2 hours drive from my house. Which meant
that during that time, I lost power, Internet and almost sanity.

I had to chop wood for the stove every morning, fixed the fence's
door after somebody decided to wreck it for no reason, sleep in
the futon near the stove to avoid hypothermia and using the garage
as a fridge.

Other than that, we're ok. :) Seriously, compared with other folks in the
state, we did pretty well. It really hit hard.

I hope to resume improving the exporter with the outstanding items now
that the Thanksgiving holidays approach which I should have some free
time code some of the items.

If there are any issues that you want me to look, please let me know.

Luis

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com

* Re: Yes, I'm still alive
@ 2012-11-07  2:13 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-11-07  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Anaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>

> It has been a while since I've posted or said anything, but right now at
> work it's the mad dash before the holidays. I've been keeping the Groff
> exporter up to date from the changes in the main repository with the
> exception of the past few days because of Sandy.
>
> Sandy, the hurricane, that is. You see, I live in New Jersey and the
> hurricane made landfall about 2 hours drive from my house. Which meant
> that during that time, I lost power, Internet and almost sanity.
>
> I had to chop wood for the stove every morning, fixed the fence's
> door after somebody decided to wreck it for no reason, sleep in
> the futon near the stove to avoid hypothermia and using the garage
> as a fridge.
>
> Other than that, we're ok. :) Seriously, compared with other folks in the
> state, we did pretty well. It really hit hard.
>
> I hope to resume improving the exporter with the outstanding items now
> that the Thanksgiving holidays approach which I should have some free
> time code some of the items.
>
> If there are any issues that you want me to look, please let me know.

Thanks for sharing and you have my condolences. As others might say as
well, I'd not sweat it if you drop org maintenance for a while. Just take
care of yourself and any potential family. Stay safe and my best to you as
you rebuild and recover in the time ahead.

Best regards,
John

@ 2012-11-07  7:21   ` Aidan Gauland
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2012-11-07  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for sharing and you have my condolences. As others might say as
> well, I'd not sweat it if you drop org maintenance for a while. Just
> take care of yourself and any potential family. Stay safe and my best
> to you as you rebuild and recover in the time ahead.

Ditto.  Don't worry about us; worry about yourself and your sanity.
(That, of course, doesn't mean not to hack on Org if you're itching to.)

Best regards,
Aidan Gauland

* Re: Yes, I'm still alive
@ 2012-11-20  3:29     ` Luis Anaya
From: Luis Anaya @ 2012-11-20  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aidan Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aidan Gauland <aidalgol@no8wireless.co.nz> writes:

> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>> Thanks for sharing and you have my condolences. As others might say
>as

[chomp...]

> Ditto.  Don't worry about us; worry about yourself and your sanity.
> (That, of course, doesn't mean not to hack on Org if you're itching
> to.)

:)

Thanks!

Things have been coming back to normal after all that time, but there
are crews from other states working on lines.

Personally, we did fine compared to the folks at the shore, parts of
New York and Long Island. If you watched the news, those were the areas
that were presented being that had the biggest impact from the storm.
Luckily, we live far from the ocean, but near a river, which was a
concern for  evacuation. But most of the damage in our neighborhood
came from down trees due to winds, but no disastrous damage in our area.

In our home we had a couple of branches that were used as kindle for
the wood stove, our biggest problem during that time was the lack of
power. Being that those night went down to the 30's (0-1C) we had to
keep the wood stove going during the outage that lasted three days.

That was tiring...

But, back to normal. :)