* Exporting xml and html code with syntax highlight
@ 2012-08-31  5:46 Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-31  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello all:

Tonight I had a need to export some xml code with syntax highlight. I
figured that the best way to do it is to modify ob-css.el (by a simple
search and replace). To my delight, it work, so I did one for html
also. I hope people will find them useful.

Cheers,
Charles

[-- Attachment #1.2: ob-xml.el --]
[-- Type: text/x-emacs-lisp, Size: 1463 bytes --]

;;; ob-xml.el --- org-babel functions for xml evaluation

;; Copyright (C) 2009-2012  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

;; Author: Eric Schulte
;; Homepage: http://orgmode.org

;; This file is part of GNU Emacs.

;; GNU Emacs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;; the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
;; (at your option) any later version.

;; GNU Emacs is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the

;; along with GNU Emacs.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

;;; Commentary:

;; Since xml can't be executed, this file exists solely for tangling
;; xml from org-mode files.

;;; Code:
(require 'ob)

(defvar org-babel-default-header-args:xml '())

(defun org-babel-execute:xml (body params)
  "Execute a block of xml code.
This function is called by `org-babel-execute-src-block'."
  body)

(defun org-babel-prep-session:xml (session params)
  "Return an error if the :session header argument is set.
xml does not support sessions."
  (error "xml sessions are nonsensical"))

(provide 'ob-xml)

;;; ob-xml.el ends here

[-- Attachment #1.3: ob-html.el --]
[-- Type: text/x-emacs-lisp, Size: 1475 bytes --]

;;; ob-html.el --- org-babel functions for html evaluation

;; Copyright (C) 2009-2012  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

;; Author: Eric Schulte
;; Homepage: http://orgmode.org

;; This file is part of GNU Emacs.

;; GNU Emacs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;; the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
;; (at your option) any later version.

;; GNU Emacs is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the

;; along with GNU Emacs.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

;;; Commentary:

;; Since html can't be executed, this file exists solely for tangling
;; html from org-mode files.

;;; Code:
(require 'ob)

(defvar org-babel-default-header-args:html '())

(defun org-babel-execute:html (body params)
  "Execute a block of html code.
This function is called by `org-babel-execute-src-block'."
  body)

(defun org-babel-prep-session:html (session params)
  "Return an error if the :session header argument is set.
html does not support sessions."
  (error "html sessions are nonsensical"))

(provide 'ob-html)

;;; ob-html.el ends here

"Open Standards, Open Documents, and Open Source"

  -- Scott Bradner (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)

* Re: Exporting xml and html code with syntax highlight
@ 2012-08-31  6:13 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-31  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode, schulte eric

Hi Charles,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> Tonight I had a need to export some xml code with syntax highlight. I
> figured that the best way to do it is to modify ob-css.el (by a simple
> search and replace). To my delight, it work, so I did one for html
> also. I hope people will find them useful.

Thanks for exploring/adding this!

Since the functions do strictly nothing, we should have a way to
add them dynamically, without requiring a new ob-* file.  This would
be useless for languages you only want to tangle, like XML and HTML.

Something like

(defun org-babel-support-lang (lang)

   (defvar org-babel-default-header-[lang] nil)
   (defun org-babel-execute:[lang] (body params)
   etc ...)

Eric, what do you think?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Exporting xml and html code with syntax highlight
@ 2012-08-31  7:10   ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-31  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode