Hi Tom, Does :cache yes work with #+CALL lines? I’m not able to get it to work. I’m calling my function through #+CALL’s because I’d like to generate several figures from the same org-babel code block/ I tried adding :cache yes to: 1) The actual org-code block 2) The +CALL line, at the end 3) The +CALL line, before the argument list (i.e., my_python_function[:cache yes](…)) None of these worked - the code was still re-evaluated when I exported the file, although the +RESULTS line got a hash value. Thank you very much, David > On Apr 4, 2015, at 12:15, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > > Aloha David, > > David Dynerman > writes: > >> Hi all, >> >> I’m trying to accomplish the following: >> >> 1) I have an org-babel python block in my code that produces a figure file >> 2) I’d like to include the resulting figure HTML export of my org file >> 3) The code takes a bit to run, so I don’t want to execute the code >> block during each HTML export >> >> What I have so far: >> >> #+NAME: my_python_function >> #+HEADER: :var some python vars >> #+BEGIN_SRC python :results value file >> my python code >> #+END_SRC >> #+CALL: my_python_function(some python vars=values) :results value file :exports results >> #+CAPTION: Here is a figure >> #+LABEL: fig:an_amazing_figure >> #+ATTR_HTML: :height 200em >> #+RESULTS: >> [[file:output_file]] >> >> This block works when I export to HTML (e.g. the code runs, and the >> figure is placed in the appropriate figure with the appropriate >> caption). >> >> Question: How can I modify this so that the code is only executed when >> I run C-c C-c on the +CALL line, but still have the figure in the >> exported HTML? >> >> I tried adding :eval no-export to the code and to the +CALL line, but >> then the resulting HTML doesn’t contain the figure (it outputs “nil”, >> presumably because the CALL line is trying to call it, but the code is >> refusing to run because of the no-export line) > > You can set :cache yes, which can be used to avoid re-evaluating > unchanged code blocks. > > hth, > Tom > > -- > Thomas S. Dye > http://www.tsdye.com