* Latex enumerate item problem
@ 2009-02-07  0:18 Flávio de Souza
From: Flávio de Souza @ 2009-02-07  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think I found a problem when exporting to Latex.

If my org file is like this:

* Blablablbalbala

1) Blablablbalbala

2) Blablablbalbala

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE

sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common

#+END_EXAMPLE

3) Blablablbalbala

4) Blablablbalbala

5) Blablablbalbala

When I export to latex I got two enumerated lists instead of only one. See how the code will look:

\begin{enumerate}
\item Blablablbalbala
\item Blablablbalbala
\end{enumerate}

\begin{verbatim}

      sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common

\end{verbatim}

\begin{enumerate}
\item Blablablbalbala
\item Blablablbalbala
\item Blablablbalbala
\end{enumerate}

Then I need to fix it by deleting the \end and \begin that apperead in the wrong lines.

Flávio de Souza
flaviostz@gmail.com

* Re: Latex enumerate item problem
@ 2009-02-07  1:52 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-02-07  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flávio de Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

HI Flavio (?),

Lists are made from indentation in the first place, I think. Hence the

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE

breaks the list.

It would be OK to export it like that, since, funny enough, a `<pre>'
element is indeed allowed inside an `<li>' element in XHTML (it is _not_
allowed in a <p> element _and_ a <ol> element is _not_ allowed inside a

To check the validity of XHTML fragments, goto

    http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options

ensure that `Validate HTML fragment' is checked (under `Options') and
choose org's DOCTYPE (XHTML 1.0).

Finally put this into the textarea on top before you submit:

 <ol>
  <li>blabllabla
   <pre>
     function lowerThan(a,b){return (a &lt; b); }
   </pre>
  </li>
 </ol>

As a second test remove the <p> element:

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472

* Re: Latex enumerate item problem
@ 2009-02-07 13:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-07 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flávio de Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Flavio,

there is no very good solution to this, but the following works.

* Blablablbalbala

1) Blablablbalbala

2) Blablablbalbala

        : sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common

3) Blablablbalbala

4) Blablablbalbala

5) Blablablbalbala

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-07 15:18   ` Flávio de Souza
From: Flávio de Souza @ 2009-02-07 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Hi Flavio,
>
> there is no very good solution to this, but the following works.
>

> * Blablablbalbala
>
> 1) Blablablbalbala
>
> 2) Blablablbalbala
>

>        : sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common
>

> 3) Blablablbalbala
>
> 4) Blablablbalbala
>
> 5) Blablablbalbala
>

> HTH