On Jan 14, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Tommy Kelly wrote: > I can see that TODOs can be organized using tags, or categories, or > files, or simply subtrees (or several of those). Is there an obvious > choice? > > All I'm really looking for is a basic organization, to let me "group" > tasks of different broad functional areas -- accounting, recruitment, > IT, and so on. > > And I like the idea discussed in http://orgmode.org/org.html, where > tasks get captured into a single refile.org file and then later moved > about into their classification homes. > > But of those various ways of classifying, is there one to be > preferred? > Several times when I've had this type of question, I've found answers I can use on Bernt Hansen's Org-mode pages: http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html After my last trip there a few months ago, I've been very happy with the way Org-mode fits my work flow. You don't have to share Bernt's penchant for clocking to come away with very many useful and practical ideas, all cleanly and precisely implemented. Tom > thanks, > Tommy > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode