* Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
@ 2009-10-15 20:46 Qi Qi
       [not found] ` <14360.1255641602@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>
From: Qi Qi @ 2009-10-15 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Greetings!

I found that when I try to export current agenda view to a txt or
html, emacs gets hanging there. But It did work in the previous
version.

Does anyone else find this issue recently?

Thanks.

Qi

********************************************** "Life is half spent before we know what it is." "To live as if you were to die tomorrow,and to learn as if you were to live forever." "Words can make us cry, laugh, go to war and fall in love."

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

* RE: Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
       [not found] ` <14360.1255641602@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>
@ 2009-10-15 21:43   ` Qi Qi
From: Qi Qi @ 2009-10-15 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode emacs

 <14360.1255641602@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>

 <14360.1255641602@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>

Thanks, Nick. I will see if backtrace could give it any clues.

C-g doesn't work after my emacs hangs. When I type C-x C-w in the agenda view, and selet an option to export then it hangs there. I can see the cpu jumps high for long.

It's strange. Because I did exactly same thing in v6.30g without such problem.

Qi

********************************************** "Life is half spent before we know what it is." "To live as if you were to die tomorrow,and to learn as if you were to live forever." "Words can make us cry, laugh, go to war and fall in love."

> To: willie_qi@hotmail.com
> From: nicholas.dokos@hp.com
> CC: nicholas.dokos@hp.com
> Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:20:02 -0400
>
> Qi Qi <willie_qi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I found that when I try to export current agenda view to a txt or
> > html, emacs gets hanging there. But It did work in the previous
> > version.
> >
> > Does anyone else find this issue recently?
> >

> No. Works fine here:
>
> Org-mode version 6.31trans (release_6.31.67.g6e36)
> GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-10-13 on gamaville.dokosmarshall.org
>
> I suggest you read section 1.4 of the manual (Introduction/Feedback)
> to find out how to get a useful backtrace. Setting debug-on-quit to t
> and using C-g when emacs seems to hang might come in useful.
>
> HTH,
> Nick

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/

* Re: Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
@ 2009-10-15 22:15     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-10-15 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qi Qi; +Cc: orgmode emacs

Qi Qi <willie_qi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Nick. I will see if backtrace could give it any clues.
>
> C-g doesn't work after my emacs hangs. When I type C-x C-w in the
> agenda view, and selet an option to export then it hangs there. I can
> see the cpu jumps high for long.
>
> It's strange. Because I did exactly same thing in v6.30g without such problem.

How do you get out of it? Do you restart emacs?

If C-g does not work, then you are not going to be able to get a
backtrace in these circumstances.  You *might* be able to use edebug-defun
to single-step through the called functions and find out where it hangs
(it's tedious, but...)

What machine/OS are you running? Which version of emacs?

Assuming Linux, does top indicate that emacs is taking up all
the CPU? Or is it some other process?

top, ps, vmstat, iostat and so on are all useful in getting a
glimpse into what's happening.

Good luck,
Nick

* RE: Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.31a
@ 2009-10-16  1:49       ` Qi Qi
From: Qi Qi @ 2009-10-16  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: orgmode emacs

 <14516.1255644943@gamaville.dokosmarshall.org>

My fault with C-g not working in previous email. C-g works to stop the hang=
ing process.=20
I just test mine that Cx Cw works in any buffers for exporting except the a=
genda view buffer.=20
I use Emacs 23.1.50.1 on a kubuntu 9.04 jaunty. Org version is the 6.31a.=20
I will try to debug it.

Thanks again=2C Nick!

Qi

> To: willie_qi@hotmail.com
> CC: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org=3B nicholas.dokos@hp.com
> From: nicholas.dokos@hp.com
> Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help: exporting an agenda view not working in v6.3=
1a
> Date: Thu=2C 15 Oct 2009 18:15:43 -0400
>
> Qi Qi  wrote:
>
>> Thanks=2C Nick. I will see if backtrace could give it any clues.
>>
>> C-g doesn't work after my emacs hangs. When I type C-x C-w in the
>> agenda view=2C and selet an option to export then it hangs there. I can
>> see the cpu jumps high for long.
>>
>> It's strange. Because I did exactly same thing in v6.30g without such pr=
oblem.

> How do you get out of it? Do you restart emacs?
>
> If C-g does not work=2C then you are not going to be able to get a
> backtrace in these circumstances. You *might* be able to use edebug-defun
> to single-step through the called functions and find out where it hangs
> (it's tedious=2C but...)
>
> What machine/OS are you running? Which version of emacs?
>
> Assuming Linux=2C does top indicate that emacs is taking up all
> the CPU? Or is it some other process?
>
> top=2C ps=2C vmstat=2C iostat and so on are all useful in getting a
> glimpse into what's happening.
>
> Good luck=2C
> Nick

 		 	   		 =20
Hotmail: Free=2C trusted and rich email service.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/=