From: "Philipp M." <bootsarehax@googlemail.com>
To: Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Recurring events with ranges broken
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:35:24 +0200	[thread overview]

I apologize for the poor wording of my mail.

On 11 April 2011 10:18, Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it> wrote:

> "Philipp M." <bootsarehax@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> Hi, Philipp,
> > In the recent org-mode realease something
> could ou be more precise, please?

In org-mode 7.5.

>  > recurring ranges with timestamps
> > are not properly recognized in the agenda.
> > This wont work:
> > <2011-04-07 Thu +1w>--<2011-04-20 Wed>
> uh! Has it ever worked ?-)

 and

Could you please give us an idea approximately
> when it was working?

I don't think it ever worked.

> Could you also, please, explain to me what's the
> rationale behind this kind of time range?
> Why do intend to use it?

It would be the proper way to set up timetables for a semester.
The workaround I use is mentioned in the FAQ http://orgmode.org/worg/org
-faq.html#org-diary-class
Unfortunately the FAQ doesn't state that putting the time in the heading is
the only way to get the time into the agenda and that all other attempts you
might expect to do what you want break silently.
Also it doesn't state the drawbacks of doing it like this (exporting
breaks).

> The _repeater interval_, indicates that the event applies
> not only on the given date, but again and again after a
> certain interval.
>
> > <2011-04-07 Thu +1w>--<2011-04-20 Wed>
>
> when the first date is passed e.g. 21st of April <2011-04-21 Thr>
> how can it match with a negative interval, since the second member is
> at the <2011-04-20 Wed> ?

I hope the usecase explains how I would want that to work.

> cheers,
> Giovanni

regards,
Philipp