Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely consider that. What do you mean by: 'For one thing, you won't be able to do advanced searching for tag/property combinations, gather those properties into a column view or dynamic block (for that you want regular Org properties). Nor easily access them from a spreadsheet or source code elsewhere in the document (for that you want a named table).' Cheers On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Christian Moe wrote: > On 5/19/11 8:21 AM, Chris Barber wrote: > >> Hi, I am planning to record some ideas in org-mode, and I would love >> to be able to set it out as follows: >> >> * Ideas >> ** | Idea | A property | A property | >> *** Regular outlined notes >> Some notes >> *** More sub notes >> ** | Idea 2 | Property | Property | >> >> Is there any way for me to do this? Essentially it would function like >> a table until you tab down into it. >> I think this would be FANTASTIC! >> Thanks, >> Chris >> > > Well, nothing prevents you from dividing up a heading with pipe characters, > if you like the way it looks. It doesn't function like a table, but what > table functionality is it that you want to use here? > > For one thing, you won't be able to do advanced searching for tag/property > combinations, gather those properties into a column view or dynamic block > (for that you want regular Org properties). Nor easily access them from a > spreadsheet or source code elsewhere in the document (for that you want a > named table). > > I suggest you rather consider tags and regular Org properties. > > * Idea :A_Property:Another_Property: > * Idea > :PROPERTIES: > :A_Property: value > :Another_Property: value2 > :END: > > Yours, > Christian >