emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support
@ 2011-05-03 15:48 Matthew Jones
  2011-05-04 11:25 ` Sven Bretfeld
  2011-05-04 13:25 ` Row formula in orgtbl mode Michael Bach
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Jones @ 2011-05-03 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 927 bytes --]

Hey folks, I'm happy to announce the availability of MobileOrg 0.5.4 for
Android.

You can find links and instructions on how to install it on the wiki page:
https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki

There is now also a donate version available in the Android Market.

Here are some of the highlights:

* Support for Gingerbread and Honeycomb tablets
* Vastly improved Dropbox and WebDAV download speed
* New Advanced Capture and Edit interface
* Now can set TODO and PRIORITY from the Advanced capture interface
* The ability to edit the body of existing notes
* Fixes for many crashes, hangs, and force-closes
* New notes are captured under the "New Notes" section,
  edits are hidden from this view
* Improved error handling and reporting
* Fix crashes if the sdcard is unavailable to the application

As always, please let me know if you have any issues... you can email me
directly or file a bug report on Github

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1341 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support
  2011-05-03 15:48 MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support Matthew Jones
@ 2011-05-04 11:25 ` Sven Bretfeld
  2011-05-04 13:28   ` Matthew Jones
  2011-05-04 13:25 ` Row formula in orgtbl mode Michael Bach
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-05-04 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matthew

Thank you very much for the new version. I'm just testing the new
functions. MobileOrg will be really really good after all the new
features will be working. Nice work.

There are some issues I have detected so far (HTC Desire HD, Android
2.2.1, Dropbox-sync, completely cleaned [deleted] files before
installing):

*Changed Todo States will Not Change on the Phone*

* NEXT Some Task :HOME:

changed on the PC to

* DEFERRED Some Task :HOME:

After syncing, the phone still shows

* NEXT Some Task :HOME:

On the other hand, changing Todo states on the phone works and changes
the todo state on the PC accordingly after syncing.

*TAGs don't seem to work*

Adding a new task with the Advanced Capture feature doesn't recognize
tags for me. A tag :HOME: is neither shown in the "New Notes" view on
the phone, nor on the PC after syncing.

*Changed body edits are lost on syncing*

* NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:

changed on the phone to

* NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:
  Phone number is 0154 13233

After syncing, org-pull doesn't announce a new edit. The addition is
lost on both, the phone and it never arrived on the PC.

After I have written the above I made some more tests and it becomes
clear now that there is a serious syncing bug. In general, syncing
doesn't recognize changes made on the PC. Even adding a new task (or a
new test in the body, or a todo change) on the PC is not recognized by
the phone after pushing and syncing.

I'm sure it will be a small problem due to the changes made necessary by
the new features. I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by my setup.
Can anybody confirm these problems?

Greetings and thank you very much again,

Sven

Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey folks, I'm happy to announce the availability of MobileOrg 0.5.4 for
> Android.
>
> You can find links and instructions on how to install it on the wiki page:
> https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki
>
> There is now also a donate version available in the Android Market.
>
> Here are some of the highlights:
>
> * Support for Gingerbread and Honeycomb tablets
> * Vastly improved Dropbox and WebDAV download speed
> * New Advanced Capture and Edit interface
> * Now can set TODO and PRIORITY from the Advanced capture interface
> * The ability to edit the body of existing notes
> * Fixes for many crashes, hangs, and force-closes
> * New notes are captured under the "New Notes" section,
>   edits are hidden from this view
> * Improved error handling and reporting
> * Fix crashes if the sdcard is unavailable to the application
>
> As always, please let me know if you have any issues... you can email me
> directly or file a bug report on Github

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Row formula in orgtbl mode
  2011-05-03 15:48 MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support Matthew Jones
  2011-05-04 11:25 ` Sven Bretfeld
@ 2011-05-04 13:25 ` Michael Bach
  2011-05-04 13:55   ` Michael Brand
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Michael Bach @ 2011-05-04 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear org-mode Users,

Given this table

|               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
| Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
| System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
|               |      |      |      |      |
| ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
#+TBLFM: @4=@2*@3

I am wondering how I would need to format the #+TBLFM: line to multiply
the respective numeric values of rows 2 and 3 in row 4.  I am using org
v.7.4.  All my attempts, also trying to define ranges like
@4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2, fail.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Bach

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support
  2011-05-04 11:25 ` Sven Bretfeld
@ 2011-05-04 13:28   ` Matthew Jones
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Jones @ 2011-05-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Bretfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3094 bytes --]

This is extremely bad, I had tried to thoroughly test all 3 sync
mechanisms.... I'm going to try to test this later but would you happen to
be able to capture the Logcat output?

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi Matthew
>
> Thank you very much for the new version. I'm just testing the new
> functions. MobileOrg will be really really good after all the new
> features will be working. Nice work.
>
> There are some issues I have detected so far (HTC Desire HD, Android
> 2.2.1, Dropbox-sync, completely cleaned [deleted] files before
> installing):
>
> *Changed Todo States will Not Change on the Phone*
>
> * NEXT Some Task :HOME:
>
> changed on the PC to
>
> * DEFERRED Some Task :HOME:
>
> After syncing, the phone still shows
>
> * NEXT Some Task :HOME:
>
> On the other hand, changing Todo states on the phone works and changes
> the todo state on the PC accordingly after syncing.
>
> *TAGs don't seem to work*
>
> Adding a new task with the Advanced Capture feature doesn't recognize
> tags for me. A tag :HOME: is neither shown in the "New Notes" view on
> the phone, nor on the PC after syncing.
>
> *Changed body edits are lost on syncing*
>
> * NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:
>
> changed on the phone to
>
> * NEXT Call Somebody :PHONE:
>  Phone number is 0154 13233
>
> After syncing, org-pull doesn't announce a new edit. The addition is
> lost on both, the phone and it never arrived on the PC.
>
> After I have written the above I made some more tests and it becomes
> clear now that there is a serious syncing bug. In general, syncing
> doesn't recognize changes made on the PC. Even adding a new task (or a
> new test in the body, or a todo change) on the PC is not recognized by
> the phone after pushing and syncing.
>
> I'm sure it will be a small problem due to the changes made necessary by
> the new features. I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by my setup.
> Can anybody confirm these problems?
>
> Greetings and thank you very much again,
>
> Sven
>
> Matthew Jones <bsdmatburt@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hey folks, I'm happy to announce the availability of MobileOrg 0.5.4 for
> > Android.
> >
> > You can find links and instructions on how to install it on the wiki
> page:
> > https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki
> >
> > There is now also a donate version available in the Android Market.
> >
> > Here are some of the highlights:
> >
> > * Support for Gingerbread and Honeycomb tablets
> > * Vastly improved Dropbox and WebDAV download speed
> > * New Advanced Capture and Edit interface
> > * Now can set TODO and PRIORITY from the Advanced capture interface
> > * The ability to edit the body of existing notes
> > * Fixes for many crashes, hangs, and force-closes
> > * New notes are captured under the "New Notes" section,
> >   edits are hidden from this view
> > * Improved error handling and reporting
> > * Fix crashes if the sdcard is unavailable to the application
> >
> > As always, please let me know if you have any issues... you can email me
> > directly or file a bug report on Github
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 3928 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: Row formula in orgtbl mode
  2011-05-04 13:25 ` Row formula in orgtbl mode Michael Bach
@ 2011-05-04 13:55   ` Michael Brand
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-05-04 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Bach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 15:25, Michael Bach <phaebz@gmail.com> wrote:
> |               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
> | Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
> | System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
> |               |      |      |      |      |
> | ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
> #+TBLFM: @4=@2*@3

Row formulas are not supported, but the new range formulas you already
tried are even more powerful:

> I am wondering how I would need to format the #+TBLFM: line to multiply
> the respective numeric values of rows 2 and 3 in row 4.  I am using org
> v.7.4.  All my attempts, also trying to define ranges like
> @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2, fail.

Your range formula @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2 will work if you upgrade at
least to this commitdiff
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commitdiff;h=8237c9ae6d587a22646333e0315683675e2db538
and will deliver

|               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
| Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
| System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
|               | 1000 | 9000 | 2000 | 3000 |
| ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
#+TBLFM: @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2

For this application I would suggest
#+TBLFM: @4$<<..@4$>=@-1*@-2

Michael

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: Row formula in orgtbl mode
  2011-05-04 15:26 ` Michael Brand
@ 2011-05-05 12:00   ` Michael Bach
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Michael Bach @ 2011-05-05 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> Your range formula @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2 will work if you upgrade at
> least to this commitdiff
> http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commitdiff;h=8237c9ae6d587a22646333e0315683675e2db538

I am now running the 7.5 development version checked out today.  I knew
I would have to do this one day...

> |               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
> | Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
> | System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
> |               | 1000 | 9000 | 2000 | 3000 |
> | ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
> #+TBLFM: @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2
>
> For this application I would suggest
> #+TBLFM: @4$<<..@4$>=@-1*@-2

Thanks for the quick and competent answer Michael, it worked right away.

MB

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: Row formula in orgtbl mode
  2011-05-04 13:35 Michael Bach
@ 2011-05-04 15:26 ` Michael Brand
  2011-05-05 12:00   ` Michael Bach
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-05-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Bach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 15:35, Michael Bach <phaebz@gmail.com> wrote:
> # I sent this one previously by mistake in reply to a totally unrelated post, so now
> # again.
# and also the answer again for the mail archives with this thread separate

> |               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
> | Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
> | System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
> |               |      |      |      |      |
> | ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
> #+TBLFM: @4=@2*@3

Row formulas are not supported, but the new range formulas you already
tried are even more powerful:

> I am wondering how I would need to format the #+TBLFM: line to multiply
> the respective numeric values of rows 2 and 3 in row 4.  I am using org
> v.7.4.  All my attempts, also trying to define ranges like
> @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2, fail.

Your range formula @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2 will work if you upgrade at
least to this commitdiff
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commitdiff;h=8237c9ae6d587a22646333e0315683675e2db538
and will deliver

|               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
| Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
| System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
|               | 1000 | 9000 | 2000 | 3000 |
| ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
#+TBLFM: @4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2

For this application I would suggest
#+TBLFM: @4$<<..@4$>=@-1*@-2

Michael

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Row formula in orgtbl mode
@ 2011-05-04 13:35 Michael Bach
  2011-05-04 15:26 ` Michael Brand
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Michael Bach @ 2011-05-04 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


# I sent this one previously by mistake in reply to a totally unrelated post, so now
# again.

Dear org-mode Users,

Given this table

|               |    a |    b |    c |    d |
| Specific cost |    1 |    9 |    2 |    3 |
| System size   | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 | 1000 |
|               |      |      |      |      |
| ...           |  ... |  ... |  ... |  ... |
#+TBLFM: @4=@2*@3

I am wondering how I would need to format the #+TBLFM: line to multiply
the respective numeric values of rows 2 and 3 in row 4.  I am using org
v.7.4.  All my attempts, also trying to define ranges like
@4$2..@4$5=@-1*@-2, fail.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Bach

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2011-05-05 12:00 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 8+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2011-05-03 15:48 MobileOrg Android 0.5.4 Release - Now with Tablet support Matthew Jones
2011-05-04 11:25 ` Sven Bretfeld
2011-05-04 13:28   ` Matthew Jones
2011-05-04 13:25 ` Row formula in orgtbl mode Michael Bach
2011-05-04 13:55   ` Michael Brand
2011-05-04 13:35 Michael Bach
2011-05-04 15:26 ` Michael Brand
2011-05-05 12:00   ` Michael Bach

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).