* NEW auto dimension tables doesn't work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-19 22:28 Sebastian Szwarc
From: Sebastian Szwarc @ 2011-04-19 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I've noticed on Aquamacs (both current and previous version) that if I enter orgtbl mode for Text file or for scratch
width of the columns are not properly set up after hitting Tab key.
In org-mode everything is OK and columns are set properly.
Any suggestions?

regards
Sebastian

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn't work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-19 22:39 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-04-19 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Szwarc; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Sebastian Szwarc <seba_szwarc@tlen.pl> wrote:

> I've noticed on Aquamacs (both current and previous version) that if I
> enter orgtbl mode for Text file or for scratch width of the columns
> are not properly set up after hitting Tab key.  In org-mode everything
> is OK and columns are set properly.  Any suggestions?

Must be specific to Aquamacs: I can't reproduce it on

Ubuntu 10.10
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of 2011-04-13
Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.181.g66caf)

Nick

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn't work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-19 23:12 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2011-04-19 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Szwarc; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

What type of font?  What type of characters?

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn't work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-20  9:02   ` Sebastian Szwarc
From: Sebastian Szwarc @ 2011-04-20  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Sebastian Szwarc

I will check as soon as i return home.
Do You want some screenshot also?

Sebastian Szwarc

@ 2011-04-20 19:23     ` Sebastian Szwarc
From: Sebastian Szwarc @ 2011-04-20 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Szwarc; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Ok here it is:
Aquamacs version: newest :)
Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Set - unicode UTF-8
Font  for text mode - Lucida Grande 13pt

And this is how it looks

http://img861.imageshack.us/i/zrzutekranu20110420godz.png/

@ 2011-04-20 19:34       ` Aankhen
From: Aankhen @ 2011-04-20 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Szwarc, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 00:53, Sebastian Szwarc <seba_szwarc@tlen.pl> wrote:
> Ok here it is:
> Aquamacs version: newest :)
> Snow Leopard 10.6.7
>
> Set - unicode UTF-8
> Font  for text mode - Lucida Grande 13pt
>
> And this is how it looks
>
> http://img861.imageshack.us/i/zrzutekranu20110420godz.png/

Samuel Wales was on the money: Lucida Grande is a variable-width font.
Org-mode expects fixed-width (monospaced) fonts, i.e. fonts where
every character has the same width, such as Courier or Consolas.  With
a fixed-width font, tables can be aligned by simply making sure each
cell contains the same number of characters through padding smaller
values with spaces and truncating larger values.  With a
variable-width font, on the other hand, it’s much more complicated (if
it’s possible at all—I think you’d have to do weird things with
images).

Try a different font, e.g. Lucida Console, and you will see things
lining up correctly.

Aankhen

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn\'t work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-22 10:03 Sebastian Szwarc
From: Sebastian Szwarc @ 2011-04-22 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aankhen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Is there any hook to customize different font for text orgtbl mode and different for the rest?
Cannot find proper option in menu.

Sebastian Szwarc

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn\'t work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-22 10:14 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-04-22 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Szwarc; +Cc: aankhen, emacs-orgmode

On 22.4.2011, at 12:03, Sebastian Szwarc wrote:

> Is there any hook to customize different font for text orgtbl mode and different for the rest?
> Cannot find proper option in menu.

You might want to try to configure the fonts org-table and org-formula.

- Carsten

* Re: NEW auto dimension tables doesn\\\'t work in orgtbl Text mode
@ 2011-04-22 21:21 Sebastian Szwarc
From: Sebastian Szwarc @ 2011-04-22 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: carsten.dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for suggestion.
Customization of org-mode is still bit tricky to me..

BTW what a surprize..before I get your response I watched video from your presentation about org-mode from 2008 :)

Sebastian