Hi Niels, I had faced this issue quite a couple of weeks back and I kept on trying to export the calendar the whole day doing adjustments to the UID format, and I could get the UID format to have only 7 to 8 characters. I was suprised to see long UIDs being generated today with like SC-7ea97bae-a785-4455-8af7-6688cb8f7170 and looks like these are unique. I had never checked the export after that whole day of struggle. May be following a restart the changes might have taken place. This sounds so silly now. I apologize for wasting your time and effort. I am really sorry about this. -- regards Shyam On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Niels Giesen wrote: > Ghanashyam writes: > > > [...] > > > > > > > > > I check the ics file and I can perfectly see that the UIDs were > > replicated.(exactly same). Also all my events were scheduled but there > > is one parameter which said, SCHEDULED or unSCHEDULED, you export > > events. > > Ok. I assume this is `org-icalendar-use-scheduled'. I did not know of it. > > > Its not about being exported or missing in export. The problem is the > > ics file has all the entries but multiple entries have the same UID > > which is my issue. > > Could you please provide a minimal example of an org file + provide info > on your system setup (os, emacs version, org version, relevant > org-icalendar-* vars) so that we might be able to reproduce this? > > Regards, > Niels >