* LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-04-27 12:36 John Tait
From: John Tait @ 2011-04-27 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

When I export an Org file to LaTeX class beamer, much of the content can be
pushed off the bottom of the slide if it doesn't all fit on one slide.

Other than restricting the amount of text content under headings, is there a
simple way of allowing content to spill onto the next slide?

Thanks

John

* Re: LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-04-27 16:20 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-04-27 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tait; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> When I export an Org file to LaTeX class beamer, much of the content
> can be pushed off the bottom of the slide if it doesn't all fit on one
> slide.
>
> Other than restricting the amount of text content under headings, is
> there a simple way of allowing content to spill onto the next slide?

In LaTeX, you can add the following option to the frame:

\begin{frame}[allowframebreaks]

So in org-mode, you could modify :BEAMER_envargs:.

* A slide
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_envargs: [allowframebreaks]
  :END:

Best,
Matt

* Re: LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-04-28 22:49   ` John Tait
From: John Tait @ 2011-04-28 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Thanks Matt. It works really well.

I need to set org-use-property-inheritance to t, so that subheadings follow
through, but it's really easy.

Cheers

John

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

> John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > When I export an Org file to LaTeX class beamer, much of the content
> > can be pushed off the bottom of the slide if it doesn't all fit on one
> > slide.
> >
> > Other than restricting the amount of text content under headings, is
> > there a simple way of allowing content to spill onto the next slide?
>
> In LaTeX, you can add the following option to the frame:
>
> \begin{frame}[allowframebreaks]
>
> So in org-mode, you could modify :BEAMER_envargs:.
>
> * A slide
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :BEAMER_envargs: [allowframebreaks]
>  :END:
>
> Best,
> Matt

* Re: LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-05-03 11:21   ` John Tait
From: John Tait @ 2011-05-03 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Matt (and Daniel Bausch -- sorry for double post earlier)

I've found that beamer "allowframebreaks" doesn't work for Org files that
have been included with #+INCLUDE: .

I've tried adding the proporites list to both the main Org file and in the
included files, and made sure that "org-use-property-inheritance" is set to
t, but it doesn't seem to work with included files.

I tried adding the following to both the main and included Org files, but
this doesn't work either. (I'm getting a very long list of error messages,
though maybe most are not relevant.)  I
set "org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments" to t as well, and the simple LaTeX
example from 11.7.3 works as well. Sorry, I'm a novice at writing all but
the most basic LaTeX files by hand, and I imagine this can't be used as a
global setting anyway.

\begin{frame}[allowframebreaks]
\end

Is there a way to "allowframebreaks" work globally or at least in included
files?
Thanks

John
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

>  John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > When I export an Org file to LaTeX class beamer, much of the content
> > can be pushed off the bottom of the slide if it doesn't all fit on one
> > slide.
> >
> > Other than restricting the amount of text content under headings, is
> > there a simple way of allowing content to spill onto the next slide?
>
> In LaTeX, you can add the following option to the frame:
>
> \begin{frame}[allowframebreaks]
>
> So in org-mode, you could modify :BEAMER_envargs:.
>
> * A slide
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :BEAMER_envargs: [allowframebreaks]
>  :END:
>
> Best,
> Matt

* Re: LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-05-05  7:50     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-05-05  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tait; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> writes:

> Matt (and Daniel Bausch -- sorry for double post earlier)
>
> I've found that beamer "allowframebreaks" doesn't work for Org files that
> have been included with #+INCLUDE: .

[...]

> Is there a way to "allowframebreaks" work globally or at least in included
> files?

I've gone through the beamer manual but haven't seen any way of doing
so.  However, it was a cursory look so maybe you could check it out more
closely (the manual is >200 pages long...).

I wouldn't recommend allowframebreaks as a global option, in any case.
IMO, that leads to sloppy slide design, but this *is* my opinion only!
There are times where it is needed but it is generally better to be
conscious of needing it.  Just my two ¢...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.249.gbf7ce.dirty)

* Re: LaTeX beamer class text
@ 2011-05-05 11:57       ` John Tait
From: John Tait @ 2011-05-05 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, e.fraga