* [LaTeX Export] Question: How to import a really long caption in #+CAPTION:
@ 2011-06-02  2:31 Sunny Srivastava
From: Sunny Srivastava @ 2011-06-02  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear org-mode users:

I want to export a really long caption in org to latex export.

For example:

#+CAPTION: A_really_long_caption_that_really_needs_a_line_break
#+LABEL:      fig:sims

Presently, I can do it by just having the really long line in front of
#+caption; if I have a line break, it is not exported as a caption. From
worg, I know I can use:

#+LaTeX: \caption{ .... }

But I was wondering if there is a org-mode way of doing this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
S.

* Re: [LaTeX Export] Question: How to import a really long caption in #+CAPTION:
@ 2011-06-02  7:00 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-06-02  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunny Srivastava <research.baba@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear org-mode users:
>
> I want to export a really long caption in org to latex export.
>
> For example:
>
> #+CAPTION: A_really_long_caption_that_really_needs_a_line_break
> #+LABEL:      fig:sims
>
> Presently, I can do it by just having the really long line in front of
> #+caption; if I have a line break, it is not exported as a caption. From
> worg, I know I can use:
>
> #+LaTeX: \caption{ .... }
>
> But I was wondering if there is a org-mode way of doing this.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> S.
> Dear org-mode users:I want to export a really long caption in org to latex export.For example:#+CAPTION: A_really_long_caption_that_really_needs_a_line_break#+LABEL:      fig:simsPresently, I can do it by just having the really long line in front of #+caption; if I have a line break, it is not exported as a caption. From worg, I know I can use:
> #+LaTeX: \caption{ .... }But I was wondering if there is a org-mode way of doing this.Thanks in advance for your help.Best Regards,S.

Aloha Sunny,

I can't tell from your post what problem you've run into.  I can export
long captions without problems, e.g.:

#+CAPTION: [Polynesian colonization of Hawai`i]{Posterior probability
 for Polynesian colonization of Hawai`i: \textit{left}, estimate based
 on inequality (\ref{eq:no-rat}), with a 95\% highest posterior density
 region of AD 810--1289; \textit{right}, estimate based on inequality (\ref{eq:rat}), with a 95\% highest posterior density region of AD 780--1119.}

This all resides in one line in the org-mode file.  Why does your
caption need a line break?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [LaTeX Export] Question: How to import a really long caption in #+CAPTION:
@ 2011-06-03  6:41   ` Sunny Srivastava
From: Sunny Srivastava @ 2011-06-03  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)