From: Benjamin Slade <slade@jnanam.net>
To: nicholas.dokos@hp.com
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: exporting emphasised text (bold, italics etc.) in ORGTBL
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:51:18 -0500	[thread overview]

Thanks, Nick. Yes, I understand what you're saying.

But what I was wondering is this: orgmode generally interprets *word* as
bolding of "word" and /word/ as italicising of "word". So is there a way to
make it export *word* as \textbf{word} and /word/ as \textit{word}, when
using orgtbl.

cheers,
  --Ben

On 21 June 2011 10:28, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Benjamin Slade <slade@jnanam.net> wrote:
>
> > When I'm using orgtbl in the midst of a LaTeX document, is there a way to
> tell it to export *bold*
> > as \textbf{bold}, /italics/ as \textit{italics} etc.?
>
> Yes, just like that. For example, the following works fine for me:

> * foo
>
> Here's a table:
>

> |           foo |             bar |
> |---------------+-----------------|
> |             1 |               2 |
> |             3 |               4 |
> | \textbf{bold} | \textit{italic} |
> |               |                 |

> Not sure if you are talking about radio tables in a LaTeX file,
> but that too seems to work fine (see appendix A.5.1 of the Org manual
> for more details on this:

> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
> Here's a table of stuff:
>
> % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL to-buy
> \begin{tabular}{rr}
> foo & bar \\
> \hline
> 1 & 2 \\
> 3 & 4 \\
> \textbf{bold} & \textit{italic} \\
>  &  \\
> \end{tabular}
> % END RECEIVE ORGTBL to-buy
>

> %The Org table is inside a LaTeX comment.
>
> % #+ORGTBL: SEND to-buy orgtbl-to-latex
> % |           foo |             bar |
> % |---------------+-----------------|
> % |             1 |               2 |
> % |             3 |               4 |
> % | \textbf{bold} | \textit{italic} |
> % |               |                 |
>

> \end{document}
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:
>
> Nick

Benjamin Slade
Dept. of Linguistics
[ http://www.jnanam.net/slade/ ]

Stæfcræft & Vyākaraṇa (lingblog) - http://staefcraeft.blogspot.com
The Babbage Files (techblog) - http://babbagefiles.blogspot.com

  *प*रो ऽक्ष॑का*मा* हि *दे*वाः
    'The gods love the obscure.' (Śatapathabrāmaṇa 6.1.1.2)