* Re: odd behaviour in a function - looking for advice
@ 2011-06-17 12:54 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-06-17 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: kjambunathan

[OT for this discussion but just wondering if Jambunathan's
suggestions may work here]

There has been this question asked both on the emacs and on the python list

Just excerpting from
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/acb0f2a01fe50151#

I am using python-mode to write python code in Emacs, and when I use the
useful C-c C-c key combination to interpret the buffer, Emacs always
opens another window inside the window I am using.

I prefer using Emacs split in two windows (one on each physical screen)
where I program in one of them and use the Python interpreter in the
other.  Is there a way I can tell Emacs to use the *Python* buffer in
the Window that is already open instead of creating a new one?

* Re: odd behaviour in a function - looking for advice
@ 2011-06-17 10:12 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-06-17 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2011-06-17  1:34 Filippo A. Salustri
From: Filippo A. Salustri @ 2011-06-17  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've got this function:

(defun fas/org-priority (&optional p)
  "Change the priority of the current item, then refresh agenda."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (if (org-priority p)
        (org-agenda-redo))))

I set up my window to have 2 frames side by side.  The org agenda is
in the left frame.  In the right frame is whatever org file I'm
working on.
In the org file (right frame), I call the above function, having bound
it to \C-,
It does what it's supposed to to the priority, but then the point
moves to the agenda frame and goes to the end of the agenda buffer.
I would have thought 'save-excursion' would have returned the point to
wherever I was when I called the function.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers.
Fil

--
\V/_